Taking the P

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Stokey (forgot to log in)

Taking the P

#1 Post by Stokey (forgot to log in) »

klhrevolutionist wrote in relation to one of my posts
"I don't understand your happy or sarcastic???
But I wish you would make yourself clear."

Sarcasm means "Harsh or bitter derision, irony, taunt or gibe"
Not my style perhaps taking the p*** just a little bit

Bill Gates don't we all have a go at him about something or other

(By the way the respected Master Blaster, BarryK lives just up the road from me, in Aussie terms that is)

Dear Aunt Maude well I haven't got an Aunt Maude but I do have an Aunt Ingrid

An analogy

Aunt Ingrid makes the most fantastic chocolate cake it's mouth watering
I asked her for the recipe so I could have a try at making it myself

I took her recipe (the source code) and instructions home and prepared for the task

I read the recipe and instructions (the preprocessing) got the ingredients together (the compiling) mixed them all together ready for baking (the assembling) put the mixture in a baking dish and popped it into the oven (the linking)

Of course the finished product failed (multiple compile errors) it was flat, tasted horrible

Went back to the beginning and started over again took me four tries before I acheived a clean bake (an executable program)

What it did was to give me an insight into the structure, the way the product was put together, also it increased my awareness of the skills of Aunt Ingrid (or Aunt Maude)

And whats all that stuff I've just crapped on about got to do with 1.0.5alpha2

Well I know a few talented computer people who do amazing things with graphics, animations etc, but don't write any program code nor do they want to, however they are fascinated to be able to compile source code into an executable program using Puppy, it gives them an insight into the skills of the programers who write code (particularly as it's open source)

That's what is so brilliant about Puppy 1.0.5alpha2 (with the additional file), we can all have a go at compiling (even write a bit of code to compile)

So.... besides knowing how the Universe came into being (the big bang)
We also know how life began on Earth (evolution)
And now we know how to do compilations, no more mysteries to be solved

By the way klhrevolutionist, did you ever see the Monty Python film "The Life of Brian", now that film did take the you know what!!!

(Probably lots ot typos in the above it's 2am in the morning here in Aussie)

Stokey

#2 Post by Stokey »

The above from stokey forgot to log on it's late
Elvis Lives, three-dimensional