Please what sound card do I install for Puppy?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
ChiJoan

Please what sound card do I install for Puppy?

#1 Post by ChiJoan »

Hello Puppy Lovers,

As much as I like the help to get what sound card you have installed to work, another help would be to give us a "guaranteed" hardware-to-work out-of-the-box section. I have a stack of sound cards to try, and would love to have the number of trials and errors cut down.

Thanks guys and gals for all your clever work with Puppy. I may have opened another tech's eyes with RudyPuppy. He was trying to restore on a laptop he got for his dad when he thought the BIOS was passworded. I remembered I had just given him RudyPuppy and though I never ran that Recovery option from it before., I talked him through it somewhat, and whatever it saw there was enough to allow the Restore work.

Thanks again,
Joan

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

The cheapest sound card I could find works great in Puppy. It is a PPA inc. 4-channel PCI card that cost $13 at Fry's Electronics. But Puppy has been able make noise with all the computers I've tried it on. One is an old Compaq 1244 laptop. The others are desktops, three of which have onboard sound, and one has the cheap sound card.