Separate Multisession iso?

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Jesse

#16 Post by Jesse »

Hi Barry,

I'm sorry to have used your time with those last few versions of cdrominfo without success.
I realise the build to test time with this app is way unacceptable, and today I'm going to put my wallet where my mouth is and go buy a cdwriter so I can test this on my computer.
My last cdwriter died a death from its "spin the cd" motor failing. I could certainly use some retail therapy.

Jesse

BarryK
Puppy Master

#17 Post by BarryK »

Don't get stressed about it though, after all, we're supposed to be doing this for fun/hobby, or whatever.

We do a couple of fallback methods, not as elegant but would work.
The latest is the little C prog GuestToo wrote that detects if alt/shift/ctrl keys held down -- that could be used to force a multisession boot.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#18 Post by Flash »

BarryK wrote:Don't get stressed about it though, after all, we're supposed to be doing this for fun/hobby, or whatever.
Indeed!
We do a couple of fallback methods, not as elegant but would work.
The latest is the little C prog GuestToo wrote that detects if alt/shift/ctrl keys held down -- that could be used to force a multisession boot.
If you are going to put in a boot options screen anyway, this could just be another option, right?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#19 Post by BarryK »

Yeah, that's right, i'm probably going to have a boot menu like John's build. So an option on the menu would probably be the easiest way to do it.