China launching constant attacks on U.S. military networks?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
BarryK
Puppy Master

#16 Post by BarryK »

Now, as far as the Iraq deal goes, yeah, we had a little trouble at first. That was guerrilla warfare. We aren't fighting Iraq, we're fighting the insurgents. If China attacks, we go after a country, not a bunch of rats hiding among the innocent. When you know who your enemy is, it makes it that much easier to eliminate them. And even with the guerrillas, we have turned the tide. The media just doesn't pick up on it much because it doesn't sell as well
...hmmm.
We certainly don't get that impression from watching the news on tv, reading the paper, tv documentaries...

Pizzasgood

#17 Post by Pizzasgood »

For your information, I eat a healthy bowl of "Bitesized Frosted Mini-Wheats" for breakfast.

What I have seen on the news was a bunch of complaining about how bad the situation was, then a sort of fade from it. Like, when we were suffering heavy casualties, it was big news, but now that we're doing well, it's no big deal. I don't watch the news frequently, though, so I might have missed something. Everything I've seen anywhere from an actual soldier has indicatd that we're on the right track, though.

I don't blame you for not trusting the government. I don't either. I am in no way trying to claim they are right or truthfull. I basically don't trust anything if I haven't seen it with my own eyes. I know a lot of my knowledge is probably biased, skewered, or out of date, but my point was not really to talk about Iraq, because I know I don't know what's really going on, but to say that Iraq and China are different situations. (Unless China attacked, but the majority of the people didn't want to, and you can guess the rest....)

I also have a strong patriotic streak, and a strong defensive streak. I hate violence (Real violence, that is. Not video games or movies, because anyone who confuses them with reality has a problem), and I'll try to run before I fight back, but if I'm forced to fight, I'll smear the other guy's face in the pavement before I let him beat me. See? That was part of it, right there. If I think about being attacked, I start revving up. Thinking about China trying to attack the U.S. hit both of them, because an attack on my country is an attack on me. I don't want to fight China, but if they fire on me, I'll fire back.

As far as government corruption goes, the way I see it is nobody's perfect. Our government might have it's problems, but so do all other governments. Except maybe for some small, one-horse country that's not big enough to be corrupt. The reason is because humans aren't perfect. As long as we try to lead ourselves, there will be corruption somewhere. The more people in the government, the more corrupt it can get. Having a democracy helps, but it will still wind up with some people who just want power. I won't deny we have our problems, but I would still rather live here than anywhere else.

If it's any consolation, Austrailia is pretty high up (top three) on my list of countries I'd go if I had to leave the U.S. :wink:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

syzygy

#18 Post by syzygy »

there's one big area where australia & the USA are in competition & that's to be world obesity champions. At moment we've only got silver to US's gold, but we're chomping away on junk food to become champs.

LittleSpooky

#19 Post by LittleSpooky »

Pizza: Oz or NZ would be prime places.
Last edited by LittleSpooky on Thu 01 Sep 2005, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

keenerd

#20 Post by keenerd »

At the risk of feeding the fire...

This message board is a very friendly place, but between this and a recent bit on religion, some troll-ish tendancies are starting to surface. Could we play nice and not post stuff just to make trouble?

Pizzasgood

#21 Post by Pizzasgood »

Yes, I agree.
Just so everyone knows, I'm not trying to start anything with anyone. I am barely capable of being serious, and I'm not trying to make anyone do things my way. I'm just trying to show my point of view on certian things. Unfortuantely, I'm not the most skilled person when it comes to words, so sometimes I might appear to be trying to stuff something down someone's throat.
Also, though I'm very patriotic, I don't mind jokes about America, just like I don't mind jokes about me. I won't hesitate to laugh at myself, because I do some stupid stuff sometimes. I'll sacrifice myself for the sake of humor. However, if something's not intended as humor, but as meanness, I will take it as such. But we're all nice, friendly people, so there shouldn't be any meanness anyways :)

My first post in this topic was to state my possibly arrogant position on what would happen if China attacked. The post in the other topic was to show my views on why there is a supernatural. That's all they were intended to be. Nothing more. Just so we're all straight on that :)

So let's all play nice and respect eachother's opinions. I don't care if someone thinks the moon is a big hunk of mozzerella, and no one should care if I think milk is better than pop (as in soda-pop, not my dad-pop). They are just opinions. Opinions differ, and that is what makes life interesting. That, of course, is just my opinion. Maybe your's is different. That's the beauty of opinions! (Or is that another opinion? Your answer is probably an opinion too, so don't bother :wink:)

And to anyone who has been trollish, please don't. We are puppies, not trolls. Even if you live under a bridge in reality, once you enter the forums, you are a happy, fun-loving puppy. Unless you are a lobster. But you are still happy and fun-loving even if you are a crustation. Or a food item. (Or is that just another one of these infernal opinions? Hmmmm..... I'm going to shut up now, and that's a fact :))
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]