How to change language to French in Rox-Filter 2.5?

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
vhshare

How to change language to French in Rox-Filter 2.5?

#1 Post by vhshare »

Hi
I have downloaded and ran RoxFilter2.5-lang.pup and I choose Vietnamese from the Options menu.But the menu of RoxFilter is still in English.I try to change to French, Chinese but the menu is still in English.My locale is vi_VN.UTF-8.Somebody help me to change to Vietnamese Interface !
Thank a lot !

John Doe

Re: Help me in changing language in Rox-Filter 2.5 !

#2 Post by John Doe »

vhshare wrote:Somebody help me to change to Vietnamese Interface !
Thank a lot !
Perhaps this helps?

http://dotpups.de/hacao/

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#3 Post by GuestToo »

it is necessary to select Vietnamese and save the setting, then shut down Rox (and the pinboard desktop too) and start Rox again

or restart X, or reboot

Wosh

Languages for Rox-Filer

#4 Post by Wosh »

The Rox-Filer only can work in your language, if it has the corresponding .gmo file within the directory /usr/local/apps/ROX-FILER/Messages. For example:
/usr/local/apps/ROX-FILER/Messages/fr.gmo. These gmo-files have not been shipped with the puppy-distribution.

So what you have to do:
1. Get the devx_216.sfs compiler package from the puppy-homepage and copy it to /mnt/home.
2. Reboot your computer.
3. Now the c-compiler and make-utility are automatically installed.
4. Get the sources from Rox-Filer homepage and unpack them for example in /tmp (then they are deleted automatically after the next reboot)
5. Enter: configure
6: Enter: make
7. The package is compiled now and you will find .gmo-files for all languages that are supported.
8. You don't need to install the compiled package. It is enough, if you copy your .gmo-file to /usr/local/apps/ROX-FILER/Messages
9. If you have run chooselocal from the Desktop-menu with your language and set the LANG in the ROX-Filer Options Language, the chosen language will work.