Future Puppy

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
EarlSmith

Future Puppy

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

Accounting

Will Puppy have OpenOffice 2.0 in the future? If so, any idea which version?
The reason I am interested is the new database front-end that 2.0 will have. From their website they seem to have decided to use Hsqldb.

http://www.hsqldb.org/

Since a few of us are interested in building a Bookkeeping/Accounting program for puppy, this may be the way to go to get a Business Puppy application.

I download all the OO files from the PupGet source on to my HD installed Puppy and have been very happy with Puppy and OO. I've had no printing problems or, so far, any other problems.

On another subject, I set up two partitions for Puppy on my HD and installed Puppy with Open Office on one and the standard Puppy on another. Now I have Business Puppy and Family Puppy accessable on my home network. My wife likes to listen to some of the music that I downloaded.
Last edited by EarlSmith on Mon 05 Sep 2005, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

As soon as OO v2.00 is a downloadable file - it can be installed (as can the latest stable version) on Puppy.

The special fast loading smaller version that is available as a pupget is dependent on priorities - which I think will be quite high and create a lot of requests . . .

This is not the only database possibility - Ian is working on a home finance package (hope it is no secret) for Puppy based on SQlite.

Someone did upload a 20k (I think it was) flat file database - that I thought was brill) - simple obvious - job done (but obviously limited) - it ran from the command line . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

klhrevolutionist

time

#3 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Well, requests and demands are dropping in the forum!
Congratulations. But now I find that maybe we can improve in some places.
Number one if and when are we going to start migrating the forum into the wiki?
There are some other thoughts I have but who else thinks puppy is not at a stale,
but on aa smooth course. Hence the request and demands are dropping.
So, ideas and suggestions to improve forum/wiki or puppy.
Maybe you all have ideas or maybe think things are fine and should not be juggled
even if it means improving puppy in any way!!!
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

EarlSmith

#4 Post by EarlSmith »

I think Puppy has room for many interests. My priority is the business side because I want to stop using MS. I also like to download and listen to music and Puppy does that well now.

The other area I have an interest in is the stability of Puppy. At some point we must get everything working as it should. So the only improvement I would like to see is someway to get the bug fixes into an existing Puppy version like 1.0.4, before a new version is brought out that has new bugs. This may be an unrealistic request, but it is an area I would like to see addressed. I'm not after a nightly build, but maybe have a bugfix version brought out just before a new version is launched.

Maybe also in the Wiki have a database that list all the known bugs in each version. If you find a bug, it would be place to find if someone has already reported the bug or if it needs to be reported.

Groups of people could also sign up to work on their fav. area, ie.. programming, music, business...etc.