27%
Rasterpax original
50%
Square rasterpax with ears
17%

Total votes: 30

WhoDo

#166 Post by WhoDo »

MGFox wrote:I agree that there are already sufficient ideas to choose from. But will the decision based only on the current voting system?
The voting is meant to be an indicator of community preference only. No decision will be made solely on the basis of that.

The ultimate decision is Barry's. It is his distribution, his web site and his current logo that will likely be replaced IF Barry decides he wants to do that.

Let's not forget the purpose of this thread. eob offered to design a refreshed web presence for Puppy. I'm sure he's lurking around waiting for some solid direction and decisions. He has also expressed a preference in this thread recently.

Whatever comes of this, even if the web presence is to continue with things as they are, we have let Barry know how much we care about is pet project (pun intended) and expressed a willingness to contribute. It is an opportunity for those who can't cut code to make a difference.

I too think that we now have plenty of ideas to choose from, unless someone belatedly drops in with a new killer logo. I'm hoping Barry will either make a decision himself soon, or nominate someone to make the decision on his behalf ... perhaps raffy, NathanF or eob for example. His request for an unvarnished copy of Vincent as created by MGFox makes me think he might be leaning in that direction. We'll see.

Last call for any killer ideas! 8)
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

yorkiesnorkie

#167 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

:!: Just as I was warming up too. And, I'd just started getting requests as well. :D Still, it saves you all from a plethora of my flowers, and so on, child of the 60s that I am, doggy flower power!

Whatever is decided is cool with me. I'll just lurk. Drop me a line if your need something.

Greg
:D

jonyo

#168 Post by jonyo »

Nicely said (above) 'cept for a little bita this part..
WhoDo wrote:Whatever comes of this, even if the web presence is to continue with things as they are, we have let Barry know how much we care about is pet project (pun intended) and expressed a willingness to contribute. It is an opportunity for those who can't cut code to make a difference.
You don hafta write a sticha code, or be human :P :lol: ..or even alive..to make a maassive contribution to puppy :!:

The legend of Puppy..LIVES ON. YO..Wooof :!: :D

edoc

#169 Post by edoc »

yorkiesnorkie wrote:More fun, I was trying to think of different ways of using a paw, although I do like the doggy stuff the most. :-)

If you get a moment and are so inclined I'd be very interested in a version of your
graphic with a laptop showing a paw on the display - with the 3D paw bursting out
of that as you have already done.

It would make for a neat background - I want to build a Puppy Linux page on my Web
site and have links out to the versions I use (or have used) with brief reviews of each.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

yorkiesnorkie

Logo for Doc

#170 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

Hi Doc,

Here's something along the lines you requested:

Yorkiesnorkie
:-)

yorkiesnorkie

Last Blast

#171 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

I hope no one minds, here are the last I was working on before the thread had wound down for submissions.

Anyway, that's it.

Yorkiesnorkie

raffy

super-speed

#172 Post by raffy »

Now, that's close to the ideal - a Puppy speeding along an earth orbit! Should he be wearing a cape and sporting a grin? :D
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

edoc

Re: Last Blast

#173 Post by edoc »

yorkiesnorkie wrote:I hope no one minds, here are the last I was working on before the thread had wound down for submissions.
Anyway, that's it.
Yorkiesnorkie
BTW: When I set up the folder to which I saved all four for backgrounds the first one
is clean, the other three have 2 1/2 images.

When I go to use the first one (with the laptop) as a background it is fine as "tile" and
"stretch" but not as "fit" or "center" - lots of dark lines and other debris shows up - I
have no idea why.

Just thought you may like to know.

EDIT: Just was clicking around and happened back on my desktop - I REALLY like
the one with the laptop as my background!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]

yorkiesnorkie

#174 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

Hi Doc,

Well, what you probably want to do is:
  • Go into Gimp and create a new document the size of your screen, i.e. 1024 x 768 pixels, or in my case it would be 800 x 600, or if your screen is 640 x 480.

You can then make that background any colour you want, apply effects to it etc.

Then paste in the logo wherever you want and move it anywhere you like.

Fill the white background with the paint bucket the same colour as your background.

Save the whole thing as a png or jpeg. You now have an instant screen background.
You need to be able to add it to the backgrounds, and make it current, but it sounds like you know how to find it. It will then fit your screen as its custom made! So, you won't have to tile it or center it, or make it fit.

Yorkiesnorkie
:D

yorkiesnorkie

Re: super-speed

#175 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

raffy wrote:Now, that's close to the ideal - a Puppy speeding along an earth orbit! Should he be wearing a cape and sporting a grin? :D
Super Puppy! Faster than a speeding nanobyte :D

Yorkiesnorkie

edoc

Re: super-speed

#176 Post by edoc »

yorkiesnorkie wrote:
raffy wrote:Now, that's close to the ideal - a Puppy speeding along an earth orbit! Should he be wearing a cape and sporting a grin? :D
Super Puppy! Faster than a speeding nanobyte :D
Yorkiesnorkie
Does a Scotish Puppy wear a kilt and a grin?

What do the folks up the street from here in the nudist (errr, naturalist or whatever
pseudonyn they are using) use for a "uniform" without getting in trouble - a barrel
with straps?

:lol:
[b]Thanks! David[/b]

bugman

#177 Post by bugman »

I kinda like the 3-d paw--without the other bits. Simple is best, imho...

CutePup

#178 Post by CutePup »

I like the one with Vincent climbing the "Puppy Linux" text.

afgs

#179 Post by afgs »

That's why I'm using it now as my avatar.
Hope MGFox don't mind.

MGFox

#180 Post by MGFox »

I'm honored afgs; as with MU.
I'm now making the two logos (like your and MU's avatar) side by side for comparison purpose.
Will upload later.

MGFox

#181 Post by MGFox »

For gliezl, Henry, MU, WhoDo, and the rest:
Here's the two logos with Vincent, side by side for comparison.
Attachments
Vincent Puppy logos.png
(85.9 KiB) Downloaded 1973 times

gliezl

#182 Post by gliezl »

:? difficult to decide. i like them both.
[color=blue][i]"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
~Margaret Fuller[/i][/color]

Henry

#183 Post by Henry »

Certainly I prefer the one on the right. The tail is not really necessary - friendly, but a more solid impression without.

Nice work, thanks,

Henry

Eyes-Only

#184 Post by Eyes-Only »

I dunno folks but did you get a close look at CutePup's avatar? Now that's creative!

Where on earth did you find that CutePup? I hope you don't mind but I just HAD to save a copy of that!

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

Henry

Take a look at Wolvix

#185 Post by Henry »

Wolvix is a "grown-up" version of Slax.

Not as small as Puppy, but loads into ram, and is about the slickest thing I've seen. Easy to use and elegant in design!

Anyone working on Puppy, including logo designers, ought to look at it.

Incidentally, it's another example of the over pawpular paw in logo.

Henry