Mercury: Instant Messaging with Video Conferencing

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
goncal

bittorrent

#61 Post by goncal »

rarsa I did that and it did keep downloading but at such a slooow rate that I decided to run a search and finally the URL I posted came up and could download it off there.

cheers G

RMW

#62 Post by RMW »

I've downloaded the torrent several times, still get that error. The link posted here doesn't work anymore. Been trying to find a replacement link, just no luck so far.

Re: II. Install your WebCamera drivers (spca5xx)

#63 Post by Guest »

rarsa wrote:II. Install your WebCamera drivers (spca5xx)

I am working on cleaning this out. if you are really eager just do the following for now:

follow the first set of instructions every time you boot.
These instructions worked for me. Are there any stand alone web cam viewers that I can use to test my webcam? Eventually, I would like to setup motion http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome with Puppy linux, but before that I want to ensure that my webcam is working.

Thanks.

rarsa

#64 Post by rarsa »

The SPCA5xx Home page has some utilities that you can use to test. I remember one that you can use to record to a file. Browse that site and you'll find what you are looking for.

DesperateWebCam

#65 Post by DesperateWebCam »

I am pretty new to Puppy and I wish to get the webcam to work with Puppy. Could you advise me as if I am a total idiot to Puppy?

Webcam I have:
1. Logitech QuickCam for Notebook Pro
2. Veo Velocity Connect

Some questions I have in mind: (pardon me if they are stupid)
1. Puppy can see the USB camera but it is unknown device
2. How do I install the webcams? I see that spca5xx dont support this 2 cameras (correct me if I am wrong). Any step by step instructions for idiots like me?
3. How do I test if it is working when it is successfully installed? What application can I use and how to get and install it?

Hope someone can help. Tks in advance. Pretty desperate to get it working but seems like no answer in my own thread.