Another problem with bootmanager

Using applications, configuring, problems
SkyPilot

Another problem with bootmanager

#1 Post by SkyPilot »

I am using 217 and seem to be having a problem with the bootmanager. Whenever I try to run it, it tells me that
"Sorry, there are no SFS files in directory /mnt/home
You will need to download and place one there first."
I have OOo_215.sfs and pgs_215.sfs on /mnt/home, although ROX tells me that it isn't really /mnt/home, it's a symbolic link to /initrd/mnet/dev-save.
I've tried doing a fresh frugal install. I've tried using pfix=purge. I can mount and unmount this SFS files in ROX, but BootManager tells me they're not there. (This happens on my Dell Laptop at home and the Compaq at the office.)
I would appreciate suggestions as to how to deal with this, because it would be nice to have 2.17 boot up with all the .sfs files ready to go.
Thanks!

Kal

#2 Post by Kal »

Any 215.sfs is not going to be seen by Puppy 2.17 BootManager because it may not be compatible. There is in the case of Open Office a newer openoffice-2.2.0.sfs, that is here.

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributio ... _modules-2

Good Luck, Kal

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

have you tried renaming OOo_215.sfs to OOo_217.sfs?

SkyPilot

#4 Post by SkyPilot »

Thanks for your input and advice. It's working just great now, but I thought I had tried both using the OOo-2.2.0.sfs and renaming the OOo_215.sfs. Maybe it needed a clean install or something like that, but it is working now.

Incidentally, before I got it working, ROX would recognize and mount the OOo_215.sfs, and then you could go to the proper directory (and I don't remember which one it is right now) and clinck on soffice and OpenOffice would start up normally and work just find - it just wasn't being recognized by the bootmanager for some reason.

Thanks again!!!