How do I upgrade to chubby Puppy?

Booting, installing, newbie
coke

How do I upgrade to chubby Puppy?

#1 Post by coke »

Hello, I've been playing these days with my new puppy and now i've downloaded chubby puppy to have acces to Open Oficce, but I don't know how to change my current puppy to puppy linux...

I tried booting from chubby puppy but it's all the same, so i think that I have to uninstall puppy and re install it using the chubby puppy

of course maybe is another way to go... I'll wait for your comments

coke :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Had you installed Puppy on your hard drive, or are you running it from the live CD?

danleff

#3 Post by danleff »

If you are booting off the cd only and pup001 is on your fat32 drive, just delete the current pup001 file, reboot and your off!

Of course, this assumes that you just want to totally delete your former Puppy "installation."

The other option, if you just want OpenOffice booting off your original Puppy cd, is to download OpenOffice as a pupget package (start-->setup-->PupGet Package Manager).
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith

raffy

Upgrade

#4 Post by raffy »

If you have a Puppy installed to hard disk, the "Install to Hard Disk" option in the Start menu will upgrade your Puppy.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].