In need of a laugh?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else

In need of a laugh?

#1 Post by Guest »

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml

Warning! Bad taste alert - if easily offended don't go there!

Maybe I've just spent to much time at http://www.mini-itx.com/...

Chris

#2 Post by Guest »

Thanks man I woke feeling like (insert bad word here)

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

The badger was highly amusing. I wonder if we could adapt that process and ressurect my old dog, Beauty, with Puppy Linux. Beauty was like, 90% wolf. He had just enough dog in him to let us (me and my brother and sister) climb all over him as kids (apperently, he adopted us as his puppies/cubs). He liked to chase deer, but he never hurt them. He just liked to run. One day, we were on vacation and he was running a deer, so someone shot him because they thought he was trying to kill it.

Unfortunately, we have never had luck with dogs on the farm. Heidi was mauled by a bear, our puppies were puppynapped, Blacky got sick, Beauty got shot, Angie dissappeared, and Kaiser stuck his head under the truck the day after we got him and wound up blind. Several months later, he and Willie went into the woods, and only Willie came back. Willie has actually been around for several years, now, so I think he's here to stay. He and the cat take weeklong vacations several times a year, but they always come back.

The waffle iron pc and Supra server at the second link have reawakened my desire to build my own computer. To bad I can't afford it for a bit. Once I can (in at least a year unless someone I know wins the lotto), I'm going to make a puppy machine. At the moment I'm thinking "Biker Puppy" or "Hotrod Puppy," but by the time I can actually afford it, my idea will probably have changed. Maybe take the guts out of an old NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) and stick it in there. :) I could put the cd drive in the cartridge slot, and usb in the controller jacks. A wolf that eats a cd would be cool too...

Well, I have a lot of time to brainstorm before I get the money, so I'm in no hurry. I know I could make a Puppy machine cheaply, but I need to funnel all my money towards getting a laptop for now. And I do want to give the machine some muscle.

I was just thinking, I could funnel the air out through the exhaust pipes, and I could have a button to activate "Turbo Mode," which would speed up the fans and make it loud. Maybe add a speaker to put in motorcycle noises, and maybe play some music too. In fact, I could set it up so that when you boot it, a separate mp3 player or something plays Born to be Wild, and the fans could rev up until it gets going. There could be a switch for stealth mode, which would skip the music and revving, for if you'r roomate is asleep and in a bad mood. I could even set it up so the puppy riding it twists the throttle.

I have too much free time on my hands. :roll: Maybe I should go get a job....
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]