IceWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
MU

#121 Post by MU »

updated Leopard .pet/.sfs.

Replaced the icontheme with "MacUltimate_Leopard" from:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=82844

The old set had scaling problems in some applications.

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

Botanic

#122 Post by Botanic »

WhoDo wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:I've had a slightly odd problem with this one. I installed the IceKDE theme without too much trouble but the bottom quarter of my menu - including the "logout" section - disappeared completely. I've tried copying the menu file back without success.

Luckily, I've got enough room on my hard drive to keep a spare savefile so no serious damage was done, but all the same I'm curious to know whether or not anyone else has come across this and if so how did they solve it?
Yep! IceKDE overwrites or repoints the menu template at /etc/xdg/templates to one specific to IceKDE. You need to replace the modified template _root_.icewm_menu with the original. After this happened to me I simply removed IceKDE from my system, using PETget manager, and haven't had it back since. OTOH, others have loved it and stuck with it, so I guess it's a matter of personal choice.
Hope that helps.
was your install the current version? there isn't any "menu" file created in ./icewm.
i think the problem comes from prefoverride, i will remove these lines :

Code: Select all

ShowProgramsMenu=0
ShowThemesMenu=1
ShowLogout=0
ShowHelp=0
ShowWindowList=0
this way users keep their own menu and uncomment the lines in prefoverride if they want a "KDE" menu (using the menu_icekde skeleton)
Puppy 2.16 on HP Vectra VL400 - PIII 800 MHz - 320M RAM
Wary on Acer Aspire X3200 - Phenom X4 - 2.2GHz - 4G RAM

Colonel Panic

#123 Post by Colonel Panic »

Botanic wrote:
WhoDo wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:I've had a slightly odd problem with this one. I installed the IceKDE theme without too much trouble but the bottom quarter of my menu - including the "logout" section - disappeared completely. I've tried copying the menu file back without success.

Luckily, I've got enough room on my hard drive to keep a spare savefile so no serious damage was done, but all the same I'm curious to know whether or not anyone else has come across this and if so how did they solve it?
Yep! IceKDE overwrites or repoints the menu template at /etc/xdg/templates to one specific to IceKDE. You need to replace the modified template _root_.icewm_menu with the original. After this happened to me I simply removed IceKDE from my system, using PETget manager, and haven't had it back since. OTOH, others have loved it and stuck with it, so I guess it's a matter of personal choice.
Hope that helps.
was your install the current version? there isn't any "menu" file created in ./icewm.
i think the problem comes from prefoverride, i will remove these lines :

Code: Select all

ShowProgramsMenu=0
ShowThemesMenu=1
ShowLogout=0
ShowHelp=0
ShowWindowList=0
this way users keep their own menu and uncomment the lines in prefoverride if they want a "KDE" menu (using the menu_icekde skeleton)
Just tried the new version of IceKDE and it's fine, so your fix worked!

Thanks.

Colonel Panic.

P.S. Dark Sapphire is a good theme as well, I particularly like the inset text in the titlebar which so far I haven't seen in any other theme.

eden6000

#124 Post by eden6000 »

Hi everybody, Hi MU
I'm using your slickness theme, slighty modified by me...the only thing I don't like is that in my icewm version (1.2.35) the menu bar has a separate line for each entry, as you see in this pic, whereas in older icewm versions (original Pizzapup for ex) there are not all those lines....I'm not able to find what controls this behaviour, I don't like all those lines...do you have an idea?
Attachments
menu.png
(117.37 KiB) Downloaded 1749 times

Eyes-Only

#125 Post by Eyes-Only »

Yes Mark/MU... I was trying to get up enough courage to ask you the exact same question and make the same comment. ;) The theme itself is gorgeous!---I have a great deal of difficulty deciding between which to use! So I use this "SlicknesS-MU" for half the day and then "VistaBlack_V" for the remainder of the day. LOL!

I have a feeling though, since I can't find anything in the ".theme" file which is causing it to make these lines Mark that it must have something to do with the version of IceWM and how it works with the ImLib2 library files? I say this because my ver. in Mandriva is slightly older (by one number I believe?) and the menu doesn't have the lines.

In Puppy I have tried changing the parameter "Look=" over from "flat" to "gtk" and back and it made no difference with the menu---but "gtk" made a VERY NICE taskbar! 8) So for myself I've kept the option set at "Look=gtk" because of how nice my taskbar looks for now...

Amicalement/mfg,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

ttuuxxx

#126 Post by ttuuxxx »

eden6000 wrote:Hi everybody, Hi MU
I'm using your slickness theme, slighty modified by me...the only thing I don't like is that in my icewm version (1.2.35) the menu bar has a separate line for each entry, as you see in this pic, whereas in older icewm versions (original Pizzapup for ex) there are not all those lines....I'm not able to find what controls this behaviour, I don't like all those lines...do you have an idea?
I removed it for you, Here's the modified theme :)
ttuuxxx
Attachments
SlicknesS-Smooth-Icewmtheme.pet
(184.32 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

ttuuxxx

#127 Post by ttuuxxx »

Hi guys, I had another look at the them and found that the clock had a black space just before the pm. So I fixed it, Basically the spacer wasn't a gradient, it was a solid black rectangle. SO I made a gradient to match the rest of the clock. Nice and simple :)
Next I found the fonts too small, so I increased the size of them.
When I removed the lines from the menu the default colour was ummmm not really that appealing to me, So I change the background on the menu also, Now its black.
Well hope you like the changes.
ttuuxxx
Attachments
SlicknesS-MU-repack.pet
(184.24 KiB) Downloaded 739 times

eden6000

#128 Post by eden6000 »

Many thanks ttuuxxx! Your version worked fine! I used the first one, since I don't use the digital clock....I took my modified default.theme and now it's as it should be!

Eyes-Only

#129 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks Ttuuxxx! Very, very, much appreciated! Once I get rebooted back into my HDD install of Dingo 4.00 I'll put one or the other in (I've downloaded both for storage/examination). I'm looking forward to see exactly what it was that you changed in there to make it "different". As I'd posted: In my "Mandi" 2008.1 install of IceWM (using the full-install and not IceWM-Lite but I'm not sure which version it is) the menu is flat. It's in Puppy-Dingo's IceWM desktop where it is varigated like that. Odd...

Anyway, once again Ttuuxxx, thanks for your work and help in this matter as it is very much appreciated by myself, and others, as you already know. ;)

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

crabbypup

#130 Post by crabbypup »

@eyes-only:

could you post a screenshot of your icewm theme with the parameter "look=gtk"? just so people know what you mean by "VERY NICE"?
my avatar is what happens when you run windoze.

Colonel Panic

Re: Dark-Saphire IceWM Theme

#131 Post by Colonel Panic »

WhoDo wrote:
Eyes-Only wrote:Take care Warren and thanks again for the theme!
Oh, I haven't finished yet, Jimmi! :P Here is a "new" theme I think just might knock VistaBlack-V off its perch! :wink: It's called "Dark-Saphire".

Enjoy!

That does look good. Is that XonClock at the top right. and if so, have you had any luck with getting skins for it? (I haven't so far).

MU

#132 Post by MU »

no that are gdesklets.
They include 200 clockskins, you could also use them in xonclock or the Gtkbasic-analogclock.

(read further down for 200 clocks):
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 044#216044

Gtkbasic-analogclock
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=200630

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

Colonel Panic

#133 Post by Colonel Panic »

Thanks, but it seems you need Puppy 3 for that one and I use Pizzapup which is based on Puppy 2.14.

Eyes-Only

#134 Post by Eyes-Only »

@Crabbypup: By enabling the "gtk=look" in the theme what it did was to pick up the GTK engine of my theme, so instead of a smooth taskbar all the way across the screen? I had a "button effect" where Ttuuxxx had placed each one of the QuickLaunch icons. That's what I thought was "NICE". ;)

Easier for me to explain than to figure out how these hosting sites work for photos. Sorry mate but oft-times even the simplest items confound the hell out of me. :oops:

I hope you'll understand and forgive me?

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

crabbypup

#135 Post by crabbypup »

yeah. it is kinda confusing. thanks for the description. wow, you are quite right it does look really cool!
my avatar is what happens when you run windoze.

blacktulipgirl

RESOLVED :)

#136 Post by blacktulipgirl »

Hiya!

I installed all these themes and I am loving them. I just have a couple of questions:

When you change the theme, are the icons supposed to change too? Because I loved the icons in this theme:

but when I installed that theme, I didn't have any other icon options, just the same old boring ones. (which are cute, but I was hoping for more of them)

Wallpaper doesn't change auto either. I have all the wallpapers, but I thought the whole thing would change together... but its not a big deal. I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Thanks!

B
Last edited by blacktulipgirl on Sun 31 Aug 2008, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=darkred]"I'm shiny, Captain."[/color][/b] Kaylee on Firefly [i](my fave show of all time!)[/i]

Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop w/256MB RAM, 40G HD, Atheros AR5005G Wireless, Intel Celeron M, Running Puppy 4.0 Full Install!!!

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

ttuuxxx

Re: Need help :(

#137 Post by ttuuxxx »

blacktulipgirl wrote:Hiya!

I installed all these themes and I am loving them. I just have a couple of questions:

When you change the theme, are the icons supposed to change too? Because I loved the icons in this theme:

but when I installed that theme, I didn't have any other icon options, just the same old boring ones. (which are cute, but I was hoping for more of them)

Wallpaper doesn't change auto either. I have all the wallpapers, but I thought the whole thing would change together... but its not a big deal. I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Thanks!

B
In puppy 4.0 you change the icons with /menu/desktop/desktop icon switcher
Icon packages can be found at
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=31059
Plus it explains how to build them

Backgrounds are set 2 ways, 1st the default background chooser, or second Icewm itself. Up until this point we haven't tried the icewm path. But in future release of my versions, I'll look further into it, You can go to the default Icewm website and they explain how to enable Icewm to control the backgrounds.

http://www.icewm.org/manual/icewm-11.html#ss11.4
11.4 Desktop Background

DesktopBackgroundColor

Color of the desktop background.
DesktopBackgroundImage

Image (.xpm) for desktop background. If you want icewm to ignore the desktop background image / color set both DesktopBackgroundColor ad DesktopBackgroundImage to an empty value ("").
DesktopBackgroundCenter = 0

Display desktop background centered and not tiled. (set to 0 or 1).

ttuuxxx

WhoDo

#138 Post by WhoDo »

blacktulipgirl wrote:I didn't have any other icon options, just the same old boring ones. (which are cute, but I was hoping for more of them)

Install EZpup-4.0v5 add-on and you should get a full set of new icons, extra wallpapers and a whole bunch of themes as well.

In Puppy the wallpaper background, window manager themes, mouse cursor themes and desktop icons are all set separately. That's good because it gives you a much, much wider choice of combinations. EZpup contains a good selection of each thing and the tools to change them if required.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

blacktulipgirl

#139 Post by blacktulipgirl »

[quote="WhoDo"]
Install EZpup-4.0v5 add-on and you should get a full set of new icons, extra wallpapers and a whole bunch of themes as well./quote]

Isn't EZPup for JWM? I'm using Icewm...

I figured out how to change my icons earlier by fiddling around lol.

Thanks for the links and the help. I'm a icons junkie.

B
[b][color=darkred]"I'm shiny, Captain."[/color][/b] Kaylee on Firefly [i](my fave show of all time!)[/i]

Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop w/256MB RAM, 40G HD, Atheros AR5005G Wireless, Intel Celeron M, Running Puppy 4.0 Full Install!!!

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

WhoDo

#140 Post by WhoDo »

blacktulipgirl wrote:
WhoDo wrote: Install EZpup-4.0v5 add-on and you should get a full set of new icons, extra wallpapers and a whole bunch of themes as well.
Isn't EZPup for JWM? I'm using Icewm...
Nope. EZpup installs the most recent IceWM and a number of themes, Gtk themes, cursor themes and icons. It doesn't install anything for JWM.

Glad you could sort things out.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com