IceWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
WhoDo

#151 Post by WhoDo »

bones01 wrote:...when I click on any of them, the only thing that changes is the task bar and the menu bar; the wallpaper and icons stay exactly the same.
IceWM is a window manager, so IceWM themes only affect the windows i.e. the taskbar window, titlebar and borders, menu, etc.

The inside areas of the window are controlled by the Gtk-2.0 theme. I included a number of these in EZpup-4.0 and there is a Gtk theme changer on the menu>Xdesktop sub-menu

To change the wallpaper you need to use the background changer/setter from menu>Xdesktop sub-menu.

To change the desktop icons in Dingo you need to use the desktop icon changer in the same location.

Since you have downloaded and installed EZpup you can also change the mouse cursor with the cursor selector application - also located on the Xdesktop sub-menu.

Finally, you can change the ROX-Filer default icon theme by right-clicking any desktop icon, choosing ROX-Filer>Options>Types>Themes ... I think I included Ultimate Gnome as an alternative in EZpup-4.0 ... the others listed in the dialogue would be Xcursor themes for the mouse and won't work using this method.

Hope that helps
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Colonel Panic

#152 Post by Colonel Panic »

There are some good themes for icewm in this site;

http://icewm2.wz.cz/themes.html

blacktulipgirl

Where do I find this wallpaper?

#153 Post by blacktulipgirl »

I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it:

I thought I knew where to get it but I can't find it.... anyone have any idea where to get this? I think its called Smooth Emerald Theta. But I can't find it searching for that.

Emms
[b][color=darkred]"I'm shiny, Captain."[/color][/b] Kaylee on Firefly [i](my fave show of all time!)[/i]

Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop w/256MB RAM, 40G HD, Atheros AR5005G Wireless, Intel Celeron M, Running Puppy 4.0 Full Install!!!

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

WhoDo

Re: Where do I find this wallpaper?

#154 Post by WhoDo »

blacktulipgirl wrote:I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it: ...
I thought I knew where to get it but I can't find it.... anyone have any idea where to get this? I think its called Smooth Emerald Theta. But I can't find it searching for that.
It's called Theta Space and I found it and downloaded it for you (attached). Simply download and click on the file and it will unpack wherever you have put it.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

blacktulipgirl

#155 Post by blacktulipgirl »

WhoDo wrote:It's called Theta Space and I found it and downloaded it for you (attached). Simply download and click on the file and it will unpack wherever you have put it. Hope that helps.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You have made me happier than a mere wallpaper should make a girl, but I have it on my desktop again and yeah! Its perfect.

Thanks for going to the trouble.

Emms
[b][color=darkred]"I'm shiny, Captain."[/color][/b] Kaylee on Firefly [i](my fave show of all time!)[/i]

Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop w/256MB RAM, 40G HD, Atheros AR5005G Wireless, Intel Celeron M, Running Puppy 4.0 Full Install!!!

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

ttuuxxx

#156 Post by ttuuxxx »

blacktulipgirl wrote:I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it:

Emms
If you like "Theta Space" its part of a Fractal collection, Have a look here at maybe 100 different ones including Theta Space
http://sgeier.net/fractals/indexe.php
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

blacktulipgirl

#157 Post by blacktulipgirl »

ttuuxxx wrote:If you like "Theta Space" its part of a Fractal collection, Have a look here at maybe 100 different ones including Theta Space
ttuuxxx

I loved them! I downloaded about 30... thanks so much!!!

Emms

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

Colonel Panic

#158 Post by Colonel Panic »

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it for future reference.

Eyes-Only

#159 Post by Eyes-Only »

^^^Ditto what they said Ttuuxxx! Wowzers! That site is just out of this world! I've bookmarked it for later but took a bunch for myself for now... And now I'm off to share the link with others. A site this spectacular you just can't keep to yourself! :shock:

Thanks Ttuuxxx!!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

puppyluvr

#160 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Here is a blue led clock for Icewm if anyone wants one... :D

Just replace ...../usr/share/icewm/ledclock...... with this one...
Enjoy... :D
Attachments
ClockBlue.tar.gz
Blue LED Clock for Icewm
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 961 times
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

6tr6tr

Re: Need help :(

#161 Post by 6tr6tr »

WhoDo wrote:
blacktulipgirl wrote:I didn't have any other icon options, just the same old boring ones. (which are cute, but I was hoping for more of them)

Wallpaper doesn't change auto either. I have all the wallpapers, but I thought the whole thing would change together... but its not a big deal. I just wanted to know if it was possible.
Install EZpup-4.0v5 add-on and you should get a full set of new icons, extra wallpapers and a whole bunch of themes as well.

Hope that helps.
I just installed EZpup-4.0v5 and now I've lost a few things from my taskbar:
1. I can no longer click on the CPU-Load box to see the processes running
2. There's no longer a box showing the internet traffic
3. There's no quick-launch icon on the left for XTerm (Console)

How do I get those features back?

6tr6tr

#162 Post by 6tr6tr »

ttuuxxx wrote:
blacktulipgirl wrote:I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it:

Emms
If you like "Theta Space" its part of a Fractal collection, Have a look here at maybe 100 different ones including Theta Space
ttuuxxx
How do I get that Mac OSX-like taskbar with the icons that you have in that picture?

Eyes-Only

#163 Post by Eyes-Only »

Howdy 6tr6tr!

That "Mac-style" dock bar/icon bar at the top of that screenshot is called "Wbar" and you may obtain a copy of it for your Puppy at this page in the software section here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=19742

It's great and I've installed it to all of my other distros as well! Can't be without it now. ;)

I hope this has helped?

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

Fossil

#164 Post by Fossil »

The fractal wallpaper is a form created by 'fractal flames'.
Do a Google for 'Apophysis' and you will find many incredible examples. It might also prove to be an interesting experiment to run the Windows-based Apophysis executable under Wine.

WhoDo

Re: Need help :(

#165 Post by WhoDo »

6tr6tr wrote:I just installed EZpup-4.0v5 and now I've lost a few things from my taskbar:
1. I can no longer click on the CPU-Load box to see the processes running
2. There's no longer a box showing the internet traffic
3. There's no quick-launch icon on the left for XTerm (Console)

How do I get those features back?
Items 1 & 2 are found in the /root/.icewm/preferences file

Code: Select all

#  Command to run on CPU status
CPUStatusCommand="iu_gps"

#  Show network status on task bar (Linux only)
TaskBarShowNetStatus=0 # 0/1
You can add a quick-launch icon for your console by editing /root/.icewm/toolbar file. Mine is below as an example - simply copy or move the terminal "prog" command outside the "}" that closes the quicklaunch menu list.

#Quick Launch Menu
menu "Quick Launch" folder24 {
	prog Rxvt xterm_16x16 rxvt -sl 999
	prog "Rxvt black" xterm_16x16 rxvt -rv +sb -sl 999
	prog "Kill Process" mini-run /usr/local/pprocess/pprocess
#	prog Aterm xterm_16x16 aterm -tr -sl 999
	prog "Reload desktop" run1616 rox -p /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin
	prog "Puppy Notes" mini-edit puppy-editor /root/my-documents/puppy-notes.txt
	prog "Internet Browser" mozicon32 puppy-browser
	prog Email mini-mail puppy-email
	prog "My RoxApps" run1616 rox /root/my-roxapps
	prog Rox home rox
        prog "edit quick launch" mini-edit leafpad /root/.icewm/toolbar
        prog "edit startup" mini-edit leafpad /root/.icewm/startup
#        prog "edit trayicons" mini-edit leafpad /usr/local/xystray-trayicons/run-xystray
#        prog "edit menu-preferences" mini-edit leafpad /usr/local/jwm2icewm-menu/menu.rc
#        prog "edit weather-app" mini-edit leafpad /etc/wmweather.conf
 }
prog "Shutdown" exit wmpoweroff
prog "Volume" mixer pvolume-mixer.tcl
prog "Screenshot" camera mtpaintsnapshot.sh
#prog "RDP Client" pc-2x remotedesktopclient
Your original "preferences" and "toolbar" files should still be in the /root/.icewm directory as backups. You could simply compare them with the new ones and copy back the differences, too.

Hope that helps

murre

how to change theme

#166 Post by murre »

Hello all!

Im a total newbie with puppy. I have installed puppy 4.1 and installed Ezpup 4, but how do i change theme? Where can i find icewm settings?

Can someone tell in easy steps how to do? I have searched the forum but cannot find a simple "idiots guide" how do do it. :)

Thanks in advance!

_MegadetH_

#167 Post by _MegadetH_ »

Hi! I need a icewm theme very similar to mac os tiger or leopard. can you help me?
Is there a theme ready to be installed?

DC

#168 Post by DC »

Q for WhoDo,

Whist trying to increase the text size of my taskbar clock (QuanX-Who theme) I came across this forum post
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/IceWM
where it was noted that only when copying Xft fonts into the default theme allowed font changes to be made. Which proved to be true in my case.(nice big clock now)
The change seems to date from 2003. I've looked at other themes and they don't have the font section.
So I'm a bit confused with whats correct. I know it worked in my case. but whats the correct way of setting theme fonts for IceWM in Puppy 4.1

thanks

DC

WhoDo

Re: how to change theme

#169 Post by WhoDo »

murre wrote:Im a total newbie with puppy. I have installed puppy 4.1 and installed Ezpup 4, but how do i change theme? Where can i find icewm settings?
In order to change themes after installing EZpup, you need to use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to exit to a command line and then type:

xwin icewm-session
That will start the IceWM window manager. Go menu>settings>themes to click on your new theme. Then choose menu>Window Manager>Restart IceWM to see the change.

IceWM settings are controlled by the preferences and prefoverride files in /root/.icewm directory (hidden. click on the eye icon in your toolbar to view hidden files).

In EZpup I have included tronkel's basic IceWM Configuration utility - menu>Xdesktop>IceWM Configuration - for some of the simpler settings. The rest involve manual edits to the preferences files as mentioned.

You might also consider a visit to the EZpup Help page of the wiki for more detailed advice.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by WhoDo on Tue 28 Oct 2008, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

WhoDo

#170 Post by WhoDo »

_MegadetH_ wrote:Hi! I need a icewm theme very similar to mac os tiger or leopard. can you help me?
Is there a theme ready to be installed?
Check back through this thread for Abby-Mac, Abby-Leopard and MacRetro.

Hope that helps.