IceWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
Botanic

#91 Post by Botanic »

6tr6tr wrote:Some issues with IceKDE installed (anyone know how to fix?):

1. Clock is no longer clickable
2. When I set Network status to show in taskbar, it's invisible (but it is there and clickable, but the processes/cpu-load runs over the clickable space visually)
3. Seamonkey's icon space is still on the task bar but invisible (still clickable)
hello,
i don't think the clock thing is related to IceKDE. IceKDE just overrides TaskBarShowClock to 1 to be sure the clock is displayed, but for it to be clickable you need to look into your personal "preferences" file and set the line
ClockCommand="command_to_run"

i don't know what to tell you about icons and network status in taskbar... i guess i left it unchanged, because i used network and CPU status in JWM in the same way before switching to IceWM. you may want to look at TaskBarCPUSamples= and TaskBarNetSamples= if by any chance the dimensions are not correctly set.
6tr6tr wrote:Also, does anyone know how to uninstall ice-kde? It's different than just a theme. It made some other major changes that, even when I choose other themes, it's still controlling/forcing certain things.
that must be the icon theme. you can change it using ROX-filer configuration panel. (right-clic on a file in ROX, "Options", "Types" -> "Themes" and there select another icon set (ROX is the default).
Puppy 2.16 on HP Vectra VL400 - PIII 800 MHz - 320M RAM
Wary on Acer Aspire X3200 - Phenom X4 - 2.2GHz - 4G RAM

nic2109

#92 Post by nic2109 »

WhoDo wrote:
nic2109 wrote:@WhoDo : how are you getting on? We're hungry!
Patience my little ones. All will be ready in due time. :P

Cheers
Many thanks for this - it's seriously cool. I have a go with wbar myself.

I have another "Howto ..." request if I might presume on your patience.

After moving the Taskbar to the top it goes over the top of the top row of desktop icons - see screenshot. The rest of the desktop needs moving down by the taskbar depth. How can that be fixed?
[color=darkblue][b][size=150]Nick[/size][/b][/color]

WhoDo

#93 Post by WhoDo »

nic2109 wrote:After moving the Taskbar to the top it goes over the top of the top row of desktop icons - see screenshot. The rest of the desktop needs moving down by the taskbar depth. How can that be fixed?
Easy. You need Rox controlling the desktop. Right click any desktop icon and choose ROX-Filer>Options>Compatibility and check "Override window wanager wontrol of pinboard and panels" option.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

cristo-father

#94 Post by cristo-father »

WhoDo wrote:
nic2109 wrote:@WhoDo : how are you getting on? We're hungry!
Patience my little ones. All will be ready in due time. :P

This is as far as I've gone. I used a real Leopard screenshot for guidance, in conjunction with the two images you supplied. The titlebar buttons are active and show the x, + and - when you hover the mouse over them.

I also used Geko's-Leopard Gtk-2 theme to get a more realistic feel, but I'm sure you'll find something even closer to the look you are seeking.

You'll have to modify Wbar or Cairo-dock to suit yourself. I wasn't prepared to get my system looking too Mac-like in case the wind changed and it stayed that way! :P

I have given you two choices of the menu button in /root/.icewm/themes/Abby-Leopard/taskbar directory.

Hope this is what you were looking for. I'm sure you can make some nice Crystal icons with reflections to make the Wbar effect even more Mac-like.

Cheers
Hi everyone, nice work WhoDo.
Could anyone tell me how to have that exact enviorment in icewm with the
upper bar in the bottom, without the wbar in the bottom and have icons
on my desktop in icewm.
A link to a how to or tutorial would be nice, btw i am using ubuntu (i do not have gnome installed just icewm).
Infinite thanks. :wink:

nic2109

#95 Post by nic2109 »

WhoDo wrote:
nic2109 wrote:After moving the Taskbar to the top it goes over the top of the top row of desktop icons - see screenshot. The rest of the desktop needs moving down by the taskbar depth. How can that be fixed?
Easy. You need Rox controlling the desktop. Right click any desktop icon and choose ROX-Filer>Options>Compatibility and check "Override window wanager wontrol of pinboard and panels" option.
Sorry WhoDo, but that setting is already checked. Is there anything else to look for?

WhoDo

#96 Post by WhoDo »

nic2109 wrote:Sorry WhoDo, but that setting is already checked. Is there anything else to look for?
Nope. What happens if you uncheck it and restart Icewm?
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

WhoDo

#97 Post by WhoDo »

cristo-father wrote:Could anyone tell me how to have that exact enviorment in icewm with the upper bar in the bottom, without the wbar in the bottom and have icons on my desktop in icewm. A link to a how to or tutorial would be nice, btw i am using ubuntu (i do not have gnome installed just icewm). Infinite thanks. :wink:
Use Puppy Google Search to find instructions on how to unpack the dotpet file attached to the post you reference.

1. Put the Abby-Leopard theme in your $HOME/.icewm/themes directory

2. Download Geko's-Leopard Gtk-2+ theme from gnome-look.org and place that where Ubuntu keeps its Gtk-2 themes

3. Edit your $HOME/.icewm/preferences file in the following line so it looks like this:

Code: Select all

#  Task bar at top of the screen
TaskBarAtTop=0 # 0/1 
4. Search Google for Mac Leopard wallpaper

When you put that all together you should have the look you want. I can't help you with desktop icons under Ubuntu. You'd need to ask on their forum for that. One of the reasons I don't use Ubuntu is precisely because they deliberately make such things too difficult for ordinary users.

Hope that helps

ttuuxxx

#98 Post by ttuuxxx »

[quote="WhoDo"][/quote]
Found another nice alien pic, could even be used as an icon or avatar, anyways here ya go.
ttuuxxx
Attachments
alienavatar.png
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 5509 times
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

WhoDo

#99 Post by WhoDo »

ttuuxxx wrote:Found another nice alien pic, could even be used as an icon or avatar, anyways here ya go.
Thanks. Are you missing ol' blue? :P

ttuuxxx

#100 Post by ttuuxxx »

WhoDo wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:Found another nice alien pic, could even be used as an icon or avatar, anyways here ya go.
Thanks. Are you missing ol' blue? :P
Well I was used to seeing your old one for so long, It just became natural, I like your new one but the original was very how do you say"Original" lol
well I guess as time goes by, I'll get used to the new one, kind of like a trade mark.
I might have to build a new one for myself whenever I get some time.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

nic2109

#101 Post by nic2109 »

Oh, dear; what a donkey! :oops:
WhoDo wrote:
nic2109 wrote:Sorry WhoDo, but that setting is already checked. Is there anything else to look for?
Nope. What happens if you uncheck it and restart Icewm?
It never even occurred to me to try anything else, such is my faith in WhoDo's omniscience.

You will have gathered by now that the simple expedient of changing the setting from on to off was exactly right. So now it's fine. Didn't even need to restart Icewm

Thanks.

WhoDo

#102 Post by WhoDo »

nic2109 wrote:It never even occurred to me to try anything else, such is my faith in WhoDo's omniscience.
Tch, tch. Poor, poor foolish fellow :roll: ... but thanks for the confidence! :P

jellymann

Platinum IceWM Theme - Release One

#103 Post by jellymann »

Hello Everyone, I'd like to present one of my IceWM themes: Platinum-1

Click here for some waffle about my theming business.

A couple things I'd like to know how to do (for Release Two):
1. How can I remove the annoying border from the start button? I've seen IceWM themes without this border
2. How can I make the taskbar thinner?
Attachments
platinum1.tar.gz
Unpack into /usr/share/icewm/themes
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 826 times
Last edited by jellymann on Sat 14 Jun 2008, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzasgood

#104 Post by Pizzasgood »

Can't answer 2 from memory, but for 1 try editing the theme file and setting look="flat"

If I screwed up and "flat" doesn't work, just look up which one was used in one of the themes that have the smooth flat bar. Pretty sure it was "flat" though.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

WhoDo

#105 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:Can't answer 2 from memory, but for 1 try editing the theme file and setting look="flat"
Yep. The line appears in the default.theme file for that theme.

On the question of task bar "thickness" aka height, choose the following option in either the Preferences or Prefoverride files:

Code: Select all

SmallIconSize=22 #sets toolbar height, too.

jellymann

Thanks, here's Platinum Release Two

#106 Post by jellymann »

Yes, flat was the right one. I was trying to go fro a rounded taskbar, but there is still an annoying border around the start button, it's just made the same colour as the taskbar... I guess I'll just have to go for a square taskbar for now, until IceWM brings out a way to change these things.

Here is Platinum-2, I've included the prefeoverride file (for lazy people) which should make your taskbar arrange itself like in the screenshot (previous post). And also the icon set I put together from various icons I found on the internet (some slightly modified) it isn't a complete icon set, some icons are missing, some have been resized incorrectly, some don't make sense...

Changes:
1. changed look to flat
2. added working black inner borders to the frame
3. inactive windows don't have buttons
4. Changed active menu color to blue. (was purple)

To install (for those of you who are new to this):
The Platinum-2 folder goes into /usr/share/icewm/themes
The prefoverride file (if you want to use it) goes into /root/.icewm
(or if your home is not under root: ~/.icewm)
The Classic9 folder can go into /usr/local/lib/X11/themes
Attachments
platinum2.tar.gz
Platinum Release Two
(123.35 KiB) Downloaded 890 times

jellymann

Leopard - Release Zero

#107 Post by jellymann »

Here is the latest theme I've been working on, an attempt to make puppy look like leopard. Any suggestions are welcome =)

Plans for future releases:
1. Make pressed-down titlebar buttons
2. Use images where only solid colour is used (like menu popup selections, etc)

I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks =)
Attachments
leopard-small1.jpg
I didn't make the firefox skin. You can find it at the addons page at the mozilla website. Its called Foxdie Safari or something.
(90.76 KiB) Downloaded 2330 times
leopard.tar.gz
Same install method as Platinum-2
(50.23 KiB) Downloaded 982 times

john biles

#108 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
Here are the Asus Themes from the Eeepc 701
Attachments
Eeepc-icewm-themes.tar.gz
(143.06 KiB) Downloaded 900 times
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Colonel Panic

#109 Post by Colonel Panic »

I've had a slightly odd problem with this one. I installed the IceKDE theme without too much trouble but the bottom quarter of my menu - including the "logout" section - disappeared completely. I've tried copying the menu file back without success.

Luckily, I've got enough room on my hard drive to keep a spare savefile so no serious damage was done, but all the same I'm curious to know whether or not anyone else has come across this and if so how did they solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Colonel Panic.

WhoDo

#110 Post by WhoDo »

Colonel Panic wrote:I've had a slightly odd problem with this one. I installed the IceKDE theme without too much trouble but the bottom quarter of my menu - including the "logout" section - disappeared completely. I've tried copying the menu file back without success.

Luckily, I've got enough room on my hard drive to keep a spare savefile so no serious damage was done, but all the same I'm curious to know whether or not anyone else has come across this and if so how did they solve it?
Yep! IceKDE overwrites or repoints the menu template at /etc/xdg/templates to one specific to IceKDE. You need to replace the modified template _root_.icewm_menu with the original. After this happened to me I simply removed IceKDE from my system, using PETget manager, and haven't had it back since. OTOH, others have loved it and stuck with it, so I guess it's a matter of personal choice.

Hope that helps.