creative labs soundcard

Booting, installing, newbie
needs help

creative labs soundcard

#1 Post by needs help »

i have an ancient pc with a creative labs sound card on a daughterboard and the sound doesn't work on puppy and it doesn't seem to notice the sound card anything i can do

note i will get the model number soon

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

It sounds like you have an ISA sound card, I'm not sure if Puppy can detect these type of cards as even Windows has trouble with some of them.
If you have any PCI slots you could try a PCI sound card and see if Puppy detects it.

ISA are the long black slots and PCI are usually shorter white slots.

needs help

#3 Post by needs help »

well can i put an ISA sound card into a PCI slot????

Rich

#4 Post by Rich »

No. Isa and PCI are physically different connections ( and connectors for that matter ) One won't fit into the other.

Check and see if you have a pci slot before you get a pci card though. If the PC is too old it may not even have one.

If this is the case, then I'm not sure what to suggest ( apart from 'running silent' ).

Sorry I can't be more help. My motherboard has all the sound/video everything built into it - so my knowledge of cards is rapidly diminishing !

Rich

needs help

#5 Post by needs help »

i know what you mean the only thing not built into this little guy is the sound everything else is right on the motherboard ill se if i still have an old sound crad lying around or what i can do