Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 18 Apr 2014, 19:01
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
New Orleans: A Geopolitical Prize
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 01:54    Post subject:  New Orleans: A Geopolitical Prize  

For those who wonder why such a large city was built in such a vulnerable place and say it ought to be abandoned, here is why New Orleans is where it is, and why it will be rebuilt at any cost. Again and again, if necessary.
klhrevolutionist

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 02:10    Post subject: hmm.  

Well, there is always 2 sides to the story and here is another
http://www.infowars.com/articles/new_orleans/roberts_americans_brainwashed.htm
http://www.infowars.com/articles/new_orleans/new_world_orleans.htm

Especially read this one!!!

Government Insider Says Bush
Authorized 911 Attacks!

http://www.rense.com/general57/aale.htm

Last edited by klhrevolutionist on Wed 07 Sep 2005, 07:03; edited 1 time in total
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 02:33    Post subject:  

Klh, there is a saying that goes something like, "never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained with stupidity."

I'm sorry, but I find conspiracy theories ludicrous. I prefer to believe that our leaders are so incompetent and stupid they couldn't pull off a conspiracy if they tried.

By the way, did you know that there actually was a documented attempt by a few very rich people to overthrow the government of the U.S.? It happened at the beginning of the Great Depression of the 1930s. Read about it here, about 3/4 of the way down the page, under ** Big Business plots to overthrow Roosevelt
rarsa

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 09:55    Post subject:  

flash wrote:
there actually was a documented attempt by a few very rich people to overthrow the government of the U.S.?
Wasnt' the 2000 election a technical coup d'etat?
Very well documented and no conspiracy theories included.

Regarding "why rebuilding New Orleans?, Why living in a high risk area?"

People live in such areas because they are usually great places to live. California and it's earthquakes, Florida with Hurricanes. Low lying New Orleans, Washington and Mount St. Helens, Kansas and it's thornados. etc, etc, etc. People accept the risk. It would be silly not to.
edoc

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 10:43    Post subject:  

rarsa wrote:

Every non-partisan review clearly demonstrated that Pres. Bush legitimately won that election. All claims by anyone anywhere to the contrary are fradulent. Period.

rarsa wrote:
Regarding "why rebuilding New Orleans?, Why living in a high risk area?" People live in such areas because they are usually great places to live. California and it's earthquakes, Florida with Hurricanes. Low lying New Orleans, Washington and Mount St. Helens, Kansas and it's thornados. etc, etc, etc. People accept the risk. It would be silly not to.

As with all meaningful choices in life we must count the cost and make an informed decision. The crime rate in New Orleans has long been unacceptably high but they lacked the leadership of a Mayor Guiliani to get it under control and people chose to live there despite it -- and now we see the consequences of the local failure of leadership. The hurricane flooding risk has been known since at least the 80's when I first read a report and spoke with a former emergency management official from there -- people just refused to believe that it would ever really happen -- a failure of local and state leadership.

We live in FL at risk of hurricanes and frequent thunderstorms -- we built a very strong steel home and live on what passes for high ground here -- we do have to take wise actions in addition to accepting certain risks.

My little risk is to wipe Suse and replace it with Puppy on my primary PC --
but I have done a complete backup just in case! ;-:

doc

Puppy upup Raring 3992 & Lighthouse64-b602
rarsa

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 11:24    Post subject:  

edoc wrote:
My little risk is to wipe Suse and replace it with Puppy on my primary PC
Manage Risk, keep both. There are things that will be definetivelly easier with SuSE... Unless you don't have an interest on doing them.

Same as Canadian snowbirds do: Keep both, A home in Canada for the summer and one in Florida for the Winter. They do know how to manage risk. Wink
acklan on a rant

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 11:47    Post subject: CRAP!!!  

klhrevolutionist wrote:

Authorized 911 Attacks!

These links are a load of CRAP. I live in Baton Rouge, La. , and have been a fire fighter for 25 years. The point( If you can call it a point) is rediculus at best. First off the leeve system in the New Orleans district was completed in the mid 60's. It was built for a Cat 3 storm then and was never upgraded. If there is blame it should start with Lyndin Johnson and run through today. If the Corp was given the order to build it would take 7 years to start the project. I'm not saying it should I am saying THAT is the current system. Second the Mayor of NO should have used ever public city and school bus to evacuate the city. The manditory evacuation was in name only. If you want to lay crimminal responsibility charge Mayor Nayen with "breech of fiduciary responsibility". He under law had an obligation to protect the people of his city wheath or not the Fed stepped in. And how about our lovely govenor. she couldn't orginize a kids t-ball game. She should have been on the horn to Bush the saturday BEFORE the storm asking for aid.
I could go on and on but what is the point. New orleans got hosed by the local, state, and feds then left to stew in their own juices.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 11:58    Post subject:  

edoc wrote:
Every non-partisan review clearly demonstrated that Pres. Bush legitimately won that election. All claims by anyone anywhere to the contrary are fradulent. Period.

I really can't let such an assertion pass without asking for some proof. Can you provide a link to something online that supports what you say? (With bona fides, if possible.) I have to ask, because everything I've seen leads me to believe that at best it was a draw, and taking into account Catherine Harris and the Supremes (the Supreme Court), there seem to me to be solid reasons to question how Bush became president.

Quote:
...now we see the consequences of the local failure of leadership. The hurricane flooding risk has been known since at least the 80's when I first read a report and spoke with a former emergency management official from there -- people just refused to believe that it would ever really happen -- a failure of local and state leadership.

doc

According to the article linked to at the beginning of this thread, New Orleans is where it is because that location is strategically important to the whole U.S.. So it seems to me that the Federal government should be expected to show more than just a detached humanitarian interest in what happens there. Instead, the Feds drastically cut funding for levee and dam improvements to protect New Orleans. These are projects that local governments could not afford to do on their own. And don't even get me started about how FEMA obviously fumbled the ball when it was in their court. (I know, it's a mixed metaphor.) I'm not saying that local government is blameless, but that in the case of New Orleans the Federal government has a responsibility, which it shirked to the point of shameful incompetence.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 11:59    Post subject:  

Duplicate post deleted
rarsa

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 12:23    Post subject:  

Maybe not only incompetence but also a matter of priorities:

Here is how the rest of the world sees it:
Priorities.jpg
 Description   This cartoon is titled "Priorities"
 Filesize   14.06 KB
 Viewed   1234 Time(s)

Priorities.jpg

rarsa

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 12:27    Post subject:  

And what about the newest joke? Bush leading the investigation on the Hurricane debacle.

That investigation should be lead by someone outside fo the chain of command.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 12:29    Post subject:  

rarsa wrote:
flash wrote:
there actually was a documented attempt by a few very rich people to overthrow the government of the U.S.?

No. As a matter of fact two political heavy weights slugged it out and Bush had the better jab, and Gore cried like a lil' girl that had her sucker taken. That is also why he has no political future. Nobody likes a titty baby.

http://www.answers.com/topic/coup-d-tat
acklan.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 12:36    Post subject:  

rarsa wrote:
flash wrote:

No. As a matter of fact two evenly matched potilical heavy weights slugged it out, and Bush 43 had a better jab. And that is also why Gore no longer has a political future. Instead of being gracious and conciding defeat, he cried like as little girl that had her sucker taken away.
Nobody likes a titty baby.
acklan on a rant

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 12:37    Post subject: CRAP!!!  

klhrevolutionist wrote:

Authorized 911 Attacks!

These links are a load of CRAP. I live in Baton Rouge, La. , and have been a fire fighter for 25 years. The point( If you can call it a point) is rediculus at best. First off the leeve system in the New Orleans district was completed in the mid 60's. It was built for a Cat 3 storm then and was never upgraded. If there is blame it should start with Lyndin Johnson and run through today. If the Corp was given the order to build it would take 7 years to start the project. I'm not saying it should I am saying THAT is the current system. Second the Mayor of NO should have used ever public city and school bus to evacuate the city. The manditory evacuation was in name only. If you want to lay crimminal responsibility charge Mayor Nayen with "breech of fiduciary responsibility". He under law had an obligation to protect the people of his city wheath or not the Fed stepped in. And how about our lovely govenor. she couldn't orginize a kids t-ball game. She should have been on the horn to Bush the saturday BEFORE the storm asking for aid.
I could go on and on but what is the point. New orleans got hosed by the local, state, and feds then left to stew in their own juices.
klhrevolutionist

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 17:15    Post subject: well  

I can only say from what the experts were saying, that it was only a level 3
or whatever hurricane.
So, just how did the leveee break???

also, for the firefighter in Baton Rouge, were you aware that Bush cut funding
for the levee? Yes the money was well spent on killing the terrorist.
But good news for all bush supporters, Iraq did not do anything.
WOW I'm glad I told you before all those innoncent people would have died.
I'm not sure what your parents or local governments are putting in the tap water.
But please do not be fooled. People only "seem" trusting. Think outside the box.
Did GOD not warn you of great deception?
Page 1 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: