Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 28 Nov 2014, 04:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
New Orleans: A Geopolitical Prize
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 3 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Walt H

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep 2005, 17:29    Post subject:  

edoc wrote:
Fact: Since at least the 80's officials in New Orleans have been warned of the flood risk from a wet (emphasis on quantity of water delivered to the region, not on the original storm surge or wind level alone) storm -- even a mere Tropical Storm that got stuck and dumped lots of rain could have cause this flooding. The Locals have refused to act decisively.

Fact: The key levee failure is reportedly a new one. It will be interesting to investigate what Local elements may have contributed to an inadequate levee. BTW: Typically such projects take 10+ years to plan and execute which means it was the Clinton Admin. (surprise!) that failed for 8 years to address the problem effectively in the critical time period necessary to prevent this flooding.

Since the 70s, local and state officials have been asking for federal funds to improve and maintain the levees. So I don't see that this can be blamed solely on Democrats or Republicans. You also might recall that, for much of Clinton's administration, Congress (which has to approve such projects and the funding for them) was controlled by Republicans, who in recent history have not gone out of their way to approve projects for areas governed by Democrats.

edoc wrote:
Fact: There has never been a more free and generous nation in the history of the world and it is sad when people attack the USA as though we are as evil as most major nations in history. The lies of people like MIchael Moore, George Soros, the Hollywood Left, the Democrat Left, Dan Rather, etc. have poisoned much of a generation here and around the world but lack any foundation in fact and are definitely not from God.

Sorry to disappoint you, but not all Christians are to the right of Bush. I personally find Pat Robertson morally reprehensible for suggesting political assassination in Argentina simply because he doesn't like the president's politics.

Although I personally find Michael Moore a bit of a blowhard, much of what he detailed in Farenheit 9/11 (I assume you are referring to this) was documented.

To rarsa: That's why I at least occasionally like to listen to BBC News and Canada's "As It Happens," both of which my local public radio station broadcasts. Must be an anti-American conspiracy by the station to broaden the minds of its listeners Smile

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.
ICQ Number 
Walt H

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep 2005, 17:30    Post subject:  

edoc wrote:
Fact: Since at least the 80's officials in New Orleans have been warned of the flood risk from a wet (emphasis on quantity of water delivered to the region, not on the original storm surge or wind level alone) storm -- even a mere Tropical Storm that got stuck and dumped lots of rain could have cause this flooding. The Locals have refused to act decisively.

Fact: The key levee failure is reportedly a new one. It will be interesting to investigate what Local elements may have contributed to an inadequate levee. BTW: Typically such projects take 10+ years to plan and execute which means it was the Clinton Admin. (surprise!) that failed for 8 years to address the problem effectively in the critical time period necessary to prevent this flooding.

Since the 70s, local and state officials have been asking for federal funds to improve and maintain the levees. So I don't see that this can be blamed solely on Democrats or Republicans. You also might recall that, for much of Clinton's administration, Congress (which has to approve such projects and the funding for them) was controlled by Republicans, who in recent history have not gone out of their way to approve projects for areas governed by Democrats.

edoc wrote:
Fact: There has never been a more free and generous nation in the history of the world and it is sad when people attack the USA as though we are as evil as most major nations in history. The lies of people like MIchael Moore, George Soros, the Hollywood Left, the Democrat Left, Dan Rather, etc. have poisoned much of a generation here and around the world but lack any foundation in fact and are definitely not from God.

Sorry to disappoint you, but not all Christians are to the right of Bush. I personally find Pat Robertson morally reprehensible for suggesting political assassination in Argentina simply because he doesn't like that president's politics.

Although I personally find Michael Moore a bit of a blowhard, much of what he detailed in Farenheit 9/11 (I assume you are referring to this) was documented.

To rarsa: That's why I at least occasionally like to listen to BBC News and Canada's "As It Happens," both of which my local public radio station broadcasts. Must be an anti-American conspiracy by the station to broaden the minds of its listeners Smile

ICQ Number 
theelf

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep 2005, 17:39    Post subject:  

Deleted
Last edited by theelf on Thu 08 Sep 2005, 18:14; edited 1 time in total
rarsa

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep 2005, 17:41    Post subject:  

Walt H wrote:
for suggesting political assassination in Argentina
I know you really meant 'Venezuela'.
Walt H

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep 2005, 19:40    Post subject:  

rarsa wrote:
I know you really meant 'Venezuela'.

Embarassed Boy, now I do feel like an ignorant American. I was in a bit of hurry, as I was responding during a break at work. No excuse, though.

ICQ Number 
Page 3 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: