Some 1.0.2 bugs

Please post any bugs you have found
figueroa

Some 1.0.2 bugs

#1 Post by figueroa »

1. broken printing in AbiWord (I think that should have delayed the release.).

2. On first boot (I've installed about six times so far on two different machines), often the mouse doesn't want to work. Sometimes rebooting helps. One time I had to remove the /dev/mouse symlink that pointed improperly to imps2 and redo it to point to psaux

3. The "noauto,ro,user" in /etc/fstab for the /mnt/cdrom generate an error and prevents mounting. When I change that to "defaults" it works fine. Puppy needs an automated way of saving and restoring a user's changes to the /etc/fstab. I keep my changes in /etc/fstab.bak and put a line at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local0 that reads "cp /etc/fstab.bak /etc/fstab"

4. Once configured the gcombust help box about configuration could stop popping up. The suggested configurations work great by the way.

Kudos: The CD configuration wizard works GREAT!

Note: Getting unleashed was a hastle. (It's working OK.) I'll be happy to host a tarball for the full unleashed package and put a link to it right at the top of the page on http://puppy.hopeanglican.us/
Andy Figueroa
figueroa@philippians-1-20.us

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: Some 1.0.2 bugs

#2 Post by Flash »

figueroa wrote:<>

4. Once configured the gcombust help box about configuration could stop popping up. The suggested configurations work great by the way.

<>
I never got no help box at all :(

Edit: I finally saw it, behind the Gcombust window. :oops: