gCAD3D: a 3D CAD program

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
charlie6

#76 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Muggins,
thanks to keep this thread up-2-date!

Just one question...could you detail how you could get OpenGL working on puppy 4.3.1 ? if you did so ?
(my last experience was I could not get it working on puppy 4.3.1; xorg_xorg_full_dri-7.3.pet only worked on kernel 2.6.25.16, not on k2.6.30.5...so I have remained awaiting someone to issue the xorg_xorg_full_dri-7.3.pet for k2.6.30.5...; I also memorized that OpenGL could work or not depending on the current graphic card type ).
Would you please tell which is the graphic card your are using with OpenGL ?

Beside that, I am not yet using gcad3d full time as I still need to learn using it and some professionnal priorities still keep me away from using it as main drawing tool.

Cheers, Charlie

muggins

#77 Post by muggins »

Charlie,

I just tried it, on p431, with k2.6.30.5 & xorg_xorg_dri-7.3-1.pet, and it works OK. (The only other thing I needed to install was libgtkgl-2.0.so.1.0.0.pet.)

charlie6

#78 Post by charlie6 »

Thanks Muggins!
OpenGL is running thanks to your advices.
gcad3d strats well... I could not get anything printed....gcad3d shuts down when clicking OK after setting the print options in the print dialog box.
Looking in a console, it returns a segmentation fault message.
Do you also get something like that ?
Cheers, Charlie

muggins

#79 Post by muggins »

Hi Charlie6,

see the attached image...I'll have to alter the default, & re-upload later today.
Attachments
gcad_print.png
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 1267 times

muggins

#80 Post by muggins »

edit: I have to work out why documentation not working with 1.46.

charlie6

gcad3d running quite out of the box on dpup Exprimo

#81 Post by charlie6 »

Hi,
here went to get gcad3d running quite out of the box on forum member Pemasu's dpup Exprimos different versions.

Major fact: on dpup Exprimo, it does not need any Mesa driver being installed - nor Xorg-High.pet nor other - :P
Gcad3d is also told to have its own OpenGL. And dpup exprimo has already something of it already present. (many thanks to pemasu :wink: )

Here is how to:
1 - download and install the latest gCAD3D-x.xx-Linux-x86.deb debian archive from http://www.gcad3d.org/
2 - install libjpeg-turbo-1.1.1-i486.pet from here http://dokupuppylinux.co.cc/programs:li ... -turbo-111 for image rendering (see attachment)
2.1 - alternatively, also works nice (tested) with the latest libjpeg-turbo-1.2.0-i686.pet from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... c44352d1e5
thanks to forum member chrome307 !!
2.2 - IMPORTANT: skip and go to next point if you have dpup Exprimo5X3.1.10 or later, or if your puppy has Xorg version 7.4 and higher , as there the dri and glx modules are default loaded; the modules dri and glx must be loaded (xorg.conf disables them by default); Run in a console

Code: Select all

# Xorg -version
to know which version runs.
Also check it opening /war/log/Xorg.0.log and just look if those lines are present.

(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(Exprimo 3.4.2 runs 1.7.7 and load them by default)
If you don't have Xorg 7.4 or higher, or are unsure, then edit xorg.conf; to do so, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf like this;
before editing:

#    Disable       "glx" #LOADGLX
# This loads dri module (if present). 7.4 loads it by default, have to disable... change "Disable" to "Load" if reqd...
#    Disable       "dri" #LOADDRI...
must be changed as: (replace Disable by Load)

#    Load       "glx" #LOADGLX
#    Load       "dri" #LOADDRI 
2.3 also IMPORTANT: again skip and go to next point if you have dpup Exprimo5X3.1.10 or later. The display screens depth must be set to 24. Set it using xorgwizard to set the display resolution.
Check it running

# report-video
in a console.
2.4 ( last edited) install libgtkgl2.0-1_2.b0.1-1_i386.deb from debian packages repository;
doing in a console

# ldd /usr/lib/gCAD3D/binLinux32/./gCAD3D
will show the gCAD3D needed dependencies
3 - gCAD3D already runs from console, typing

# /usr/lib/gCAD3D/binLinux32/./gCAD3D
4 - At least on dpup Exprimos, and if you absolutely want to have a MENU ENTRY for it, open Menu/Utilities/General Utilities/Menu Entry Maker; there fill in the boxes accordingly; icon is in /usr/share/gcad3d/icons/gCAD3D.xpm.
5 - tested on other later distros like Racy, Wary: either some more dependencies libs are needed, either Mesa needs to be installed and running (see Xorg-High pets) - it runs in some cases (Wary and Racy), but some details like axes X, Y flags are displayed as white squares instead ...
5.1 - also earlier tested running nicely on forum member shinobar's lupq511 and Lucid :wink: Mesa has to be installed by installing the corresponding Xorg-Hiigh.pet (see Quickpet video section how to improve video).
5.2 - not tested on Exprimo earlier than 5X3.1.10
6 - read howto's and tutorial on above gCAD3D website.

Enjoy!
Cheers, Charlie

last edited: tested OK using libjpeg-turbo-1.2.0-i686.pet (application is enough)
appendix:
gCAD3D runs on this rather common harware:
report-video wrote: Dpup Exprimo, version 5.X.3.4.2.1 on sam 16 jun 2012

Chip description:
2.0 VGA compatible controller
Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)
oem: Intel(r)845G/845GL/845GE/845GV Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS
product: Intel(r)845G/845GL/845GE/845GV Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: is

X.Org version: 1.7.7
dimensions: 1280x1024 pixels (338x270 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes
ps: only gCAD3D-1.80 did not need libgtkgl ...others and later do !
Attachments
gCAD3D_shot.png
image rendering using libjpeg-turbo on gCAD3D-1.80
(130.34 KiB) Downloaded 843 times