Warming up the Nonprofit

Promote Puppy !
raffy

Warming up the Nonprofit

#1 Post by raffy »

Have been in the chat room for sometime yesterday - glad to meet people there - but it feels like ages before an item gets worked out. So I tried to make notes, as Lobster and Ian suggested:

http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/PuppyNonprofit

(I sincerely hope this page lives up to the expectations of this section, whose history is discussed here.)

Other points: One way we might make the IRC useful is to man it continuously for certain hours of the day, like 2-10 PM EDT (7 PM -3 AM GMT)*, and make notes of the discussion. This way, a relay effect will be produced, and will somehow simulate a continuing discussion. People can put the notes in the Wiki or here.

Starting at 7 PM GMT (6 PM DST London)* will allow people from UK/Europe to join, while the ending time could be as late as 11:59 AM GMT, though I guess that 17 hours will be too long to achieve a relay effect. A shorter period must be easy to manage, and will allow people from the East, like Ian (Australia) to join as early as the first discussion hour. [Note that off-hours (not working in office) is implied as the members' available time.]

Let me now check my possible slot: 10 -11.59 PM GMT (5-7 PM EDT, or 6-8 AM local time). Hopefully I can keep this schedule on a continuing basis. If I have a team-mate in this slot, then we can PM each other for alternating "day off".

What do you think :?:

PS - Having the IRC up for certain hours of the day will also add support to Puppy users.

* Note that London is also on Daylight Saving Time, so it is 1 hour earlier than GMT.

EDIT: Sep 10 (2nd day): Flaran and JeyRey volunteered to do initial work on the organization's papers and council. Great :!:
Last edited by raffy on Sun 11 Sep 2005, 03:01, edited 3 times in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

;)

If you spend more time on IRC
more people will be on IRC

that works for me . . .

Certainly we can do with more people on IRC :)

Yes things take time . . .
for example the Nonprofit page you created (which I believe is based on Australian law) bears no resemblance to my ideas of a Foundation - it seems a way of exploiting Puppy and I am not happy with it. Not one bit. I am certain that is not your intention. I know full well you wish to see Puppy being used. :)

So we move forward. What sort of Foundation do we want?
What are its goals? (we now know some of these thanks to our discussions)
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/FoundationGoals

Thanks to everyone who is working towards a viable Foundation.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

raffy

Your ideas count

#3 Post by raffy »

Thanks, Lobster. You've done a lot to move this organizing forward.

There have been lots of changes in the page as the Foundation Weekend came to a close: check it out.

Please alert me if there is any more item that needs attention.

Putting our thoughts about the organization will enable us to really create it.

There are many more important aspects, notably the structure, such as the Council and officers. Your ideas plus the laws of the country of registration will be the guideposts.

Any ideas about the structure?