Truecrypt 6.1 for Puppy english

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Stingray

Truecrypt 6.1 for Puppy english

#1 Post by Stingray »

here the latest truecrypt exectuable version 6.1

it needs to unset the "use kernel crypto library" since puppy has no device manager.

please inform me about possible compiling errors. if you want to compile this by yourself, you need to read the Readme.txt in the truecrypt sourcedirectory.

rhadon

#2 Post by rhadon »

Hi Stingray, thank you for that file.
I'm strongly interested in using truecrypt. Although I use Puppy since about 1 year, I'm not familiar with compiling. So this is my first try of using truecrypt.

I can create a container and get the answer 'The TrueCrypt volume has been successfully created ' but if I try to mount it, I get the answer
'No such file or directory: dmsetup '.
I use Puppy 4.11

Please can you help me to solve this problem?
Rolf

Edit: I found my fault. So now it seems to work fine. Thank you again.
Ich verwende "frugal", und das ist gut so. :wink:
Raspberry Pi without Puppy? No, thanks.

pigphish

#3 Post by pigphish »

How did you fix the dmsetup issue also. How do we set the option in puppy?

rhadon

#4 Post by rhadon »

Settings->Preferences->System Integration-> click on 'Do not use kernel cryptographic Services'.
All other options I let as they were.
Ich verwende "frugal", und das ist gut so. :wink:
Raspberry Pi without Puppy? No, thanks.

rrolsbe

Truecrypt 6.1 mounts WDE NTFS Disk readonly from Puppy 4.11

#5 Post by rrolsbe »

To mount the WDE NTFS drive Read/Write using the TC6.1 GUI do the following:

settings>Preference>Mount Options Then under Filesytem/Mount options: Enter ntfs-3g

First off thanks for Truecrypt 6.1 and the tip about how to disable kernel mode encryption using the Truecrypt 6.1 GUI.

I can now mount my "Whole Disk Encrypted" NTFS Truecrypt volume /dev/sda1 now from Puppy 4.11; however, the volume is mounted read only.

I did not select the read only option when checking the pre-boot authentication option in TC6.1.

The volume Properties in the TC6.1 GUI shows the volume as mounted
Read-Only "No"; however, the mount command shows the volume as mounted Read-Only (See Below)

truecrypt on /tmp/.truecrypt_aux_mnt1 type fuse.truecrypt (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)

/dev/loop2 on /mnt/truecrypt10 type ntfs (ro,uid=0,gid=0,umask=077,nls=iso8859-1,errors=continue,mft_zone_multiplier=1)

BTW, when I mount a truecrypt file container, it is mounted read/write.

Container mount results below:

truecrypt on /tmp/.truecrypt_aux_mnt1 type fuse.truecrypt (rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)

/dev/loop2 on /mnt/truecrypt10 type vfat (rw,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1)

I can mount this same NTFS WDE volume Read/Write using the Windows version of Truecrypt booted from the Bartpe PE environment.

Any Ideas? Sure would be nice to be able to rathole files onto the NTFS volume while using Puppy 4.11.

Thanks Much In Advance
Regards
Ron