ALSA configuration for Intel HD Audio

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#61 Post by Flash »

Thanks! I replied to your post in that thread. :)

arslan79

#62 Post by arslan79 »

tempestuous wrote:Puppy's version of ALSA has changed several times since this thread was started in October 2007.
Puppy 4.3 now has ALSA ver 1.0.20.
Shortly I will update the options now available for the snd-hda-intel ALSA 1.0.20 driver.

While browsing the ALSA documentation, I saw some options relating specifically to ASUS Eee models, which might solve the Eee audio problems reported on the forum recently:

eeepc-p703 ASUS Eeepc P703 P900A
eeepc-p901 ASUS Eeepc P901 S101
eeepc-p701 ASUS Eeepc P701
eeepc-ep20 ASUS Eeepc EP20

For example, with the Eee 900A you would add this line to /etc/modprobe.conf

Code: Select all

options snd-hda-intel model=eeepc-p703
then reboot.

Oh, and for the Acer Aspire One -
acer-aspire
Hi, I have acer aspire one 110, and I did all that you posted here. New parameters appeared in alsaconf. So how should I set it up??? The external|internal mic doesnt work anyway (((((((( Pls help!

cwisefool

alsaconf -m

#63 Post by cwisefool »

I realize this post is about 6 years later than original -- but this is one of the first topic posts that I found in my search -- and it provided almost 100% of what I needed to get my sound working! After adding model=acer to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf (I guess location changed for puppy 5.2.5, which I am running) I still wasn't having working sound -- but I then rebooted and typed in alsaconf -m, went through alsaconf install and behold -- I heard the elusive barking sound -- now sound is working fine. Just posting this in case the same extra step will help anyone else get their sound working. Thanks to original poster for taking me 90% of the way there! :D

playdayz

Re: alsaconf -m

#64 Post by playdayz »

Nevermind,. I was wrong.

kpfuser

#65 Post by kpfuser »

I tried to edit the modprobe.conf file as per the first post of this thread. The particulars of my system are as follows:

Laptop: ASUS X42J Series
Soundcard: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio (rev 06) - as per alsaconf
Codec: Realtek ALC259

Unfortunately this codec is not mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Doing a search for model parameters for this codec unearthed the post

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=259791

where the suggested line to add to modprobe.conf is

options snd-hda-intel model=auto position_fix=0

I tried it and had partial success, that is sound comes through the laptop's speakers but not through the headphones. At the same time, the retrovol full window displays just five fields, i.e., Master, PCM, Speaker, Capture, and Mic Boost. Of these, only Master, Speaker, and Capture come up with a small selection box where a check mark can be placed. The PCM and Mic Boost fields have no such box, i.e., they cannot be selected. Is there some way I can get sound through the headphones?

A rather unusual feature of this laptop is that it has a single jack for headphones and microphone. If it runs the pre-installed Windows 7, once a device is plugged into this single jack, a window pops up asking you to state whether the device you plugged is headphones or a microphone. Could this provide some clue as to why no sound comes through the headphones?

rjbrewer

#66 Post by rjbrewer »

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

growler

Sony VAIO EJ15 no headphone sound and no internal mic

#67 Post by growler »

I had no headphone output or internal mic using racy 4.3
My sound card is reported as an Intel HD Audio Conextant CX20590 using the output from:

# cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
Codec: Conexant CX20590
The solution was to edit

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf

and add:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel model=auto enable=1 index=0 position_fix=1
I tried model=vaio and a host of other options. The above worked for me... new sliders appeared after a reboot for headphones and internal mic and internal mic boost

Pelo

Can you explain what means screenshot

#68 Post by Pelo »

Can you explain what means screenshot
Attachments
aplay.jpg
(59.29 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

01micko

#69 Post by 01micko »

Flash wrote:Thanks! I replied to your post in that thread. :)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access