Gimp and Streamtuner Nonfunctional in 3.00

Using applications, configuring, problems
Fish

Gimp and Streamtuner Nonfunctional in 3.00

#1 Post by Fish »

Hi Everybody

I have installed Puppy 3.00 (no betas) and cannot get the gimp or streamtuner to function properly (tried multiple installs). The gimp and GTKAM both find my Canon A520, show the images but when I try to save them they both shutdown.

Streamtuner will not function whatsoever. I have never had an issue with this program in any version of Puppy. Could it be something 3.00 is lacking?

Every thing else in Puppy 3.0 works flawlessly - yeah for all the hardwork in getting cups running and barking without tearing my admittedly limited hair out!

cheers

Kal

Streamtuner in Puppy 3.00

#2 Post by Kal »

On Streamtuner, here is the repair.

In /usr/lib/ it is missing a symbolic link to libcurl.so.4.0.0.

Just go to it, right click it, and in the drop-down menu, look for and left click Link.., then change the name in Symlink to /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3, hit Symlink button.

That should fix it.

Kal

PS: You might need to do a "fixmenus" (no quotes) in terminal console, and a Restart JWM from the Shutdown in main menu. This corrects the menu.

Fish

#3 Post by Fish »

Thanks, that fix cured streamtuner. Now to find out why Gimp shutsdown when I tell it to save a file.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

Fish, try running gimp from a terminal window -- just click the 'console' icon on the desktop then type "gimp" then enter key. See if any error msg appears in the terminal window when you save.

Kal

#5 Post by Kal »

You can start gimp, in terminal by typing "gimp", and look at the readouts as Barry said.

I went ahead and installed Gimp to look for the problems, well there are, missing dependences. Some of the dependences may not be needed, but I put them in anyway.

For dependences, I cheated, I have Slackware 12 installed and borrowed from there. Some are located in the pup's package manager. Others may be found by googling and at:

http://packages.slackware.it/

You can change Slackware packages to Pet package by using "tgz2pet" and the package name in terminal, open the terminal at the location that you downloaded to. This way you can remove them with Puppy package manager if need be.

I was wondering, did you install the Gimp 2.2.15 with the Puppy 3.00 Package Manager as I did?

Kal