Can't download Puppy

Booting, installing, newbie
xlimey78

Can't download Puppy

#1 Post by xlimey78 »

When I clicked link to down puppy load I got an "FTP folder error" from "gatekeeper", who went on to say "Unless I was specifically authorized" my attemped access "could expose you to criminal and/or civil procedings" & went on to say I must do someting called "authenticate myself".
Has anyone seen this before & how do I get to download puppy (to a flash drive)? I presume this is some sort of scare tactic on Microsoft's part! (I'm trying to download to a Dell Latitude D600 lap top flash drive so I can try to rescue my home Gateway desk top which refuses to work. If I can't get Puppy to save me I'm going to have to buy a new computer very soon.
Thanks for any help you folks can provide, & I apologize if I'm making a sutpid error.
xlimey78
Thanks

babbs

#2 Post by babbs »

xlimey,

Puppy to the rescue. Hopefully your problems with the home computer are software related and not hardware.

Which link are you trying to download Puppy from? I'll give it a try.

Let's get Puppy in your hands first, then we'll attempt the rescue mission.

Babbs

PS - Welcome to Puppy.

babbs

#3 Post by babbs »

I'm leaving work now, but I'll check this thread again later and/or over the weekend...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: Can't download Puppy

#4 Post by Flash »

xlimey78 wrote:When I clicked link to down puppy load I got an "FTP folder error" from "gatekeeper", who went on to say "Unless I was specifically authorized" my attemped access "could expose you to criminal and/or civil procedings" & went on to say I must do someting called "authenticate myself".
Has anyone seen this before?...
No. Where did you find this link?

babbs

#5 Post by babbs »

I don't know how long it'll be until xlimey gives us the link, but like you, I've never seen that before.