Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 03:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Chinese E-PUP Linux, based on Puppy Linux 217
Moderators: Lobster, MU, raffy
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
cecc

PostPosted: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 11:21    Post_subject:  

well, I'd like to say that the link labrador gave is not about the isos mentioned above,

since the isos are not made by me, some isos on that page may have copyrighted or unauthorized things in them. what's more, they are unstable and may have many problems.

paulski,

can you read some Chinese, do you come from English speaking countries, I have a page on our forum about the basic Chinese support for Puppy Linux 400 series, do you have any interest to look at it? you can use google to translate the page:

http://e-pup.5d6d.com/thread-659-1-1.html

thanks all here!

regards,

cecc

paulski

PostPosted: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 15:02    Post_subject:  

cecc,

The google translate idea was good. As I come from an english speaking background I needed that to find out what was on the page.

It looks like the E-Pup community is getting there on making a Puppy 4 in Chinese.

Labradors links did help me at least to get a pet package that has all the chinese things that I can install at once for my friend on an english puppy - I think that will be enough. I will try it later

I will check your page from time to time and see the progress on E-Pup for puppy 4.
Thanks
cecc

PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:20    Post_subject:  

paulski,

Oh, I know, You can speak English, but do your friend use a little English? On my opinion, Chinese menus or other things are not so necessary for you and your friend. You can just install a kind of Chinese font (like wenquanyi bitmap song) and an input method (like fcitx) for the English Puppy Linux 400, that will be enough for you guys.

that link I gave you is just about how to do the things I mentioned above:

http://e-pup.5d6d.com/thread-659-1-1.html (in Chinese)

Frankly speaking, the link of the pet or iso labrador supplied is not part of our E-PUP Linux project, and it has nothing to do with the title of this thread(Chinese E-PUP Linux), but if you guys take no concerns about legal things(or functions of the puppy linux 400), you or your friend may just test it at your own risk.

thank you for your interest for our E-PUPs, we are doing our work to make sure that there is no unauthorized things in them.

best regards,

cecc

paulski

PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 15:29    Post_subject:  

Thanks cecc,

I think the pets on your site with the input methods and the wenquanyi font should do what we need to do and a full E-Pup is not the right choice for my friend just yet: he is German learning Chinese. A Chinese enabled English Puppy 4.00 sounds safer for him and for me.
labrador

PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 18:07    Post_subject:  

paulski,

Based on your description, I guess the Chinese Pack for pup4 is what your friend needs. It contains a Chinese input method, wenquanyi font and a few bug fixes to provide better support for chinese files while keeps the system minimal. The installation is same as ordinary PET packages. Just remember to restart X server to make it effective

If you don't read Chinese, here's a direct download link in English:
http://www.fileqube.com/shared/tqJeFrLx91728

cecc,

Sorry to hijack your thread. Yes, those ISOs and PETs have nothing to do with your E-PUP.
cecc

PostPosted: Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:54    Post_subject:    

paulski,

you are welcome, wish you good luck with Puppy.

labrador,

Well, it doesn't matter. However, thanks for your reply of the post.

Also, I'd like to clarify it that most of the Chinese interface translation language files used in the pets and isos provided by the site you supplied are translated by our E-PUP Linux forum members. Sorry to say that there is no such information explicitly expressed on the site you provided or on any of your release notes.

Barry Kauler said, all the things we contribute to Puppy belong to GPL, we are glad to agree on this, and we just need to be referred to when our work is used by others. Giving credit and linking back to our site is just OK.

Besides, we always suggest Chinese Puppy Linux users use stable legal open source systems and softwares.

Best regard,

cecc

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot