Can't use PupGet: says website is down

Booting, installing, newbie
pupCrazy

Can't use PupGet: says website is down

#1 Post by pupCrazy »

First of all I would like to THANK the developer of Puppy from the depth of my heart.

A few days back I said to a friend that I would give anything to get rid of God forsaken, good for nothing Windows. But linux is so different then Windows that It would take ages for me to get to know it like I know Windows.

He smiled at me like a seasoned man smile at a little kid who had just said something profoundly stupid, and said."My Stupid Stupid friend I have one word for you Puppy.

To cut the story short, I am coming to you live from my multi session CD of Puppy and I am loving it more than I have loved anything else.

Since I am a computer freak, and spend a lot of time in front of monitor doing all sorts of things, I need some extra software on my Puppy.

I started PupGet and tried to download a few but every time it says that Website is down or to check my connection. I have tried both the sites mentioned in PupGet but of no use at all.

Can someone help me out ?

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Sounds like a symptom of a ping precheck failure, if indeed you do have a good working Internet connection.

This thread will explain a lot:

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... 34&start=0

Here are a couple work possible work arounds:

* download the packages you want with an ftp client or web browser to your hard drive, then use local install option with PupGet

* edit the script to by-pass the ping check