JWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
brymway

#101 Post by brymway »

I opened /home/.jwm/jwm-rc, went to all the lines that >yellow< and changed them to >white<, saved the file and restarted jwm and it worked. But the thing is I swear I did that to every jwmrc file I found last night. Obviously not I guess.

I downloaded a few of the themes on this post but they don't show up on the desktop-jwm configuration-choose jwm theme window. It's different than the previous releases in that it shows what the windows will look like before you choose them. There must be a way to change the theme in a rc file.

But thanks for the help on this small matter.

vg1

#102 Post by vg1 »

If I understand you correctly you do see a new button with the new theme you downloaded but not the picture of it alongside [the .png thumb I mentioned above]. If you're talking about my themes a few posts above then that's normal, because I did not make the .png files to go with them. They are not specified in a theme file [or 'rc' file as you call them]. They are picture thumbs made separately.
But the theme should still appear on a separate button correctly and apply when you select it, even though it's without the picture.

brymway

#103 Post by brymway »

No, I don't see a new button. When I click on Menu--Desktop--JWM Configuration and then when the window opens I click on Choose a JWM theme. The window that comes up only has the original four choices: Black-vg, Citrus-cut, Gradient-grey, and original. They show the little x, square, and dash in the color that it will be if you click the corresponding button to the right of the little pictures which when pushed, activates the window change.

I don't see any other choices in that window. I can only assume I've downloaded them and they are in the right place as I've downloaded lots of icewm themes and they load up right. Hmmm

vg1

#104 Post by vg1 »

We may be missing something obvious here.
Two posts up you say /home/.jwm/jwm-rc. I don't have such a folder. Jwm themes should be in /.jwm/themes. If you open this folder in rox do you see the four original themes? If not find them and copy the additional themes to the same folder.

If this doesn't work suggest you start a new thread in, say, beginners help. This thread is supposed to be for themes exchange only.

steve_s

#105 Post by steve_s »

vg1 wrote:Steve_s -
'Menu' button color & font is in the <TrayStyle> section, same as clock.
Thanks! In the <TrayStyle> section in the file .jwmrc, correct? As opposed to .jwmrc-tray....

HairyWill

#106 Post by HairyWill »

don't forget than any style definitions may be overidden by the includes at the bottom of .jwmrc

<Include>/root/.jwm/jwmrc-theme</Include>
<Include>/root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal</Include>
Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

vg1

#107 Post by vg1 »

Steve_s -
Actually I was referring to the -jwmrc theme file you want to change, but it can also be in /.jwmrc or in /.jwm/jwmrc-personal, if you set it up accordingly.

The basic style as specified in /.jwmrc is what would be used if there were no themes. It is overridden by the theme file if included at the bottom of the .jwmrc file [it usually is]:
<Include>/root/.jwm/jwmrc-theme</Include> and by: <Include>/root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal</Include>
If you include the style [or other parameters] in the jwmrc-personal file then those will be preferred over the theme and .jwmrc file params.
This is how you can control the fonts if you don't like the original theme fonts. You could also modify the theme, but this way they stay the way you want them no matter which theme you use.

The chosen theme gets copied to /.jwm/jwmrc-theme which is the file specified in the /.jwmrc file [see above].

HairyWill -
yes, the styles get overridden by these files in the sense that they get used, but any imported theme should still appear on a new button in the jwm-configuration. The overriding will only be for any params specified in those files, other theme elements should still appear as in the theme.
This doesn't explain why brymway cant's even see the new themes.

jcoder24

#108 Post by jcoder24 »

jwm-winter.
The mimetype icons and gtk theme are available here.
Attachments
rox-jwm.png
(153.06 KiB) Downloaded 3941 times

BarryK
Puppy Master

#109 Post by BarryK »

jcoder24,
That looks like a nice background image. Do you have a link to it?
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

jcoder24

#110 Post by jcoder24 »

BarryK wrote:jcoder24,
That looks like a nice background image. Do you have a link to it?
01139-deepcoveatdusk

magerlab

#111 Post by magerlab »

i think that two-tray jwm must b a default jwm for the next puppy release

it looks cool
and those nuovo icons are very nice

one should also take a look at this
http://www.silvestre.com.ar/?cat=3
a new theme from that author

i really can not choose what wm is the best for me :D

Eyes-Only

#112 Post by Eyes-Only »

I agree Magerlab!! With the two-panel JWM it is far more practical, very nice-looking, and I also voice my vote for it appearing as such in the next Puppy release. If not being made as the default of JWM, then at the very least some sort of "easy button" from the menu that one could push to enable the double-panel---or have it in the option GUI perhaps like we do for those of us who need the lefthand mouse button which is likewise easily found in options? :)

That would be nice I think. Then those who deteste the "dual pane a la XFCE" (as I have seen this mentioned in the forum) can have the single-pane style and we who like the dual-pane can easily have that without damaging our files (as I did in the past regrettably).

There are those who have adopted this "duality" when it comes to JWM in other distros, the first which comes to mind is SliTaz in its first release if anyone recalls?

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

magerlab

#113 Post by magerlab »

no, slitaz has lxpanel as far as i understood from their sreenshots and announcements( i did not test it actually)

i got used to that two trays so even at my working place when using windoze i search for the upper tray in the screen! funny

MU

#114 Post by MU »

magerlab wrote:i got used to that two trays so even at my working place when using windoze i search for the upper tray in the screen! funny
http://f1.parsimony.net/forum1/messages/50667.htm (Screenshot)
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/povf ... p?download
Extract e.g. to "c:", then create a shortcut on your desktop to:
"c:\tuxbox.app\tuxbox-windows.exe"
This program I once wrote for Linux, but as wxbasic is cross-plattform, I also made a Windows pack.

If you need help with it, please create a new thread in the off topic forum :)
Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

Eyes-Only

#115 Post by Eyes-Only »

@Magerlab: Ah yes---I sit corrected here! SliTaz 1.0 used actually JWM on the bottom and for the top they used LXpanel. My mistake! And I should have known better as I used that as I hard drive install for a few months too! :oops: Oh well... corrected now, and thank you! :D

@Mark: Nice top panel! Where were you when I was using 98se? LOL! :lol:

Amicalement mes amis!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

puppyluvr

#116 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Well, I thought Id give one a shot. :D
I call this one "Blue-Jay".
It is a "reverse high contrast" theme.
( Active objects are dark, with light text. / Inactive objects are light with dark text.)
Fonts are larger, cause Im blind. LOL
No gradients, just blue on black and black on blue.
Its my first, so....

.......Jay.......
Attachments
JWM_Blue-Jay.tar.gz
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

puppyluvr

#117 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
I tried to post a small screenshot ( 320x240 ) but it said " Maximum filesize for all attachments is reached, Please contact/ snip"

Help, John!!! LOL

WhoDo

#118 Post by WhoDo »

puppyluvr wrote::D Hello,
I tried to post a small screenshot ( 320x240 ) but it said " Maximum filesize for all attachments is reached, Please contact/ snip"
It's better if you don't post screen shots directly to the forum. That just takes up extra forum space.

Go to http://www.tinypic.com and upload your image (max recommended is 800x600 for forum readability). Select the resulting content in the [img] tags and paste it as a link in your post.

Voila! Nice screenshot with no weight on John's server.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

puppyluvr

#119 Post by puppyluvr »

Like this????

Eyes-Only

#120 Post by Eyes-Only »

Eggzactlee Puppyluvr! Congrats! :) I mean about posting to another server and off from John's per WhoDo's advice & instructions. Bravo! Those things---as simple and easy as they seem to people---have always confuzzled the heck outta me. It's because I don't learn well by reading. This is the one thing I miss about having my own servers! (The second being that I have my own email/website.) Of course I could have ALL of this stuff again---even more easily and securely at that!---now that I'm running Linux. So why don't I? Ah! Try picking ONE distro from which to run 24/7! :lol:

But I've strayed waaaay off topic here. Sorry folks! :oops:

I did want to say that's an interesting and unique theme Jay. Well done mate!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*