RutilT in next Puppy

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
netprophet

RutilT in next Puppy

#1 Post by netprophet »

Hi,
As a newbie in Linux, I've tried several versions, DSL, Ubuntu, etc.., I only got my wireless to work with Puppy. Although using the standard wireless connection didn't get me anywhere until I accidentally stumbled upon RutilT in Puppy version 3.
I don't know what is the difference with the standard way of connecting as I have put in all necessary information but I still could not connect. With RutilT, it was so quick, very smooth!
Now I upgraded to version Puppy Dingo, as I started it, I quickly got worried as RutilT was nowhere to be found. Again I tried the standard way of connecting (even tried the autoconnect) but would not work. I had to download the RutilT package but to do so, I had to connect my PC (in the garage) to my switch in the room using a very very long network cable (luckily I have one). After installing RutilT, finally my wireless is working fine again. I hope it would be considered to include this package on the next Puppy, or at least keep it during an upgrade if it is already installed. Thank you.

Cheers,
netprophet