No wireless since upgrade to 3.0+

daklander

No wireless since upgrade to 3.0+

#1 Post by daklander »

Hi gang, it's been awhile.
I haven't needed help for such a long time my username was deleted.
Anyway, the computer is an old Celeron 633 with 192Mb ram and an Airlink AWLH3025 wireless card. This computer is used in the garage as a music player, streaming from a couple of sites. The card was working fine with 2.17 and earlier using ndiswrapper and the Win98 driver. The card apparently has a T.I. chip with driver tnet1130.inf.
I installed 3.0 and the card no longer worked so when 3.1 hit I got it, thinking that it may solve the problem. Anyway, no go. I've tried all the versions of that driver, 98, XP, Win2K & etc.
It seems to load the driver fine but then tells me that, essentially, it doesn't see the card and asks to unload the driver or cancel.
Any clues?
Should I delete Puppy from that partition, install 2.17, get the wireless working and then upgrade to 3.0 instead of doing a fresh install? Will that work?

Oh, I know the card is good, as is the network because everything s fine with a couple of other distros I have on that machine that I'm testing.

ArnaudN

#2 Post by ArnaudN »

Hi daklander,
Old man said "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".
Is there something in 3.0 you REALLY need ?
Unless, you can do as I do : stay stuck with 2.17 and try each new release, hoping your problem is solved...