pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
backi

#2176 Post by backi »

Hi don 570
Yes Pburn can delete files .
I prefer using DVD +RW for Videos and other Music or data .You don`t need to delete this DVD type when burning a video for DVD player (you will be asked to overwrite older data).
Dont close the session.
You can burn other data in multi-session way.It means you can add data to previous stored data.
But in "Burn Video" mode there is no multi-session possible.Means older data will be overwritten (if i am correct).
It is also possible to delete and format (completely) a DVD +RW.
Not quite sure what is the exact difference between deleting and formatting.
Deleting is faster but not so complete somehow.

starhawk

#2177 Post by starhawk »

Jasper wrote:My understanding is that DVD-RW discs need formatting prior to first use whereas DVD+RW discs do not.
I can tell you for certain that I've never knowingly formatted a DVD-RW except to erase it...

zigbert

#2178 Post by zigbert »

Version 4.3.12
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: fix the switch -m copy_audio

SFR

#2179 Post by SFR »

Hey Zigbert

There's a problem with displaying Pburn's SVG icon in Fatdog's menu (razor-panel).
Apparently it doesn't like Version="1.1", but it's perfectly fine with Version="1.0".

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Also, GTK in Fatdog has some problems with displaying stock icons in window's title bar.
But it's ok if one use the new naming convention, e.g. icon-name=\"media-optical\" instead of icon-name=\"gtk-cdrom\" (more info).
From what I checked it should be backward compatibile.

If it's not much of a hassle and it won't affect other Puppies, it would be nice to have at least the first issue fixed in next release(s).

Thanks &
Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

01micko

#2180 Post by 01micko »

Yeah, looks like xml version="1.1" is a bug because it's at version 1.0, see here and here even though svg is at version 1.1 (Second Edition).

From my observations, it appears gtk+-2.0 is happy to let the bug through but QT4 and EFL (enlightenment) are not.

NB: if you open svg's in a browser they can give a hint to possible errors.

see screencap
Attachments
pic.jpg
(101.11 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#2181 Post by zigbert »

the svg bug needs visiting - it appears in 280 icons in woof as well.
But before I go fixing all those I will ensure I get it all right.
If I replace version="1.1" with version="1.0", firefox still won't show the icon?

I get the error msg:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Btw
Slacko 5.7 does not support gtk-media-optical

SFR

#2182 Post by SFR »

zigbert wrote:This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
The icon displays without error (Chromium) if I use at least this xmlns thing:

<svg height="100" width="100" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
There's usually more stuff (from what I saw in other svg icons):

<svg
   xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
   xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#"
   xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
   xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
   xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
   xmlns:sodipodi="http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/DTD/sodipodi-0.dtd"
   xmlns:inkscape="http://www.inkscape.org/namespaces/inkscape"
   id="svg114"
   sodipodi:version="0.32"
   width="750"
   height="750"
   sodipodi:docbase="/home/mike/Code/xpad/images/hicolor/scalable/apps/"
   sodipodi:docname="xpad.svg"
   inkscape:version="0.46"
   inkscape:output_extension="org.inkscape.output.svg.inkscape"
   version="1.0">
but the one from above was enough in my case.
zigbert wrote:Slacko 5.7 does not support gtk-media-optical
It's not "gtk-media-optical", just "media-optical" (see screenshot).

According to the previously linked page, this naming scheme is mandatory in GTK+ >=3.10.
I have no idea why in FD (GTK+ 2.24.25) old names don't work. :?
Btw, here I noticed this issue for the first time.

Greetings!
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(34.48 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Last edited by SFR on Sun 05 Apr 2015, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]

01micko

#2183 Post by 01micko »

Yes I was about to post same... re SFR's post.

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1" height="100" width="100">

<path style="fill:#5E9FCE;stroke:#041E31;stroke-width:4;" d="m 62,4 -22,0 0,35 -36,0 0,21 36,0 0,36 22,0 0,-36 34,0 0,-21 -34,0 z"/>

</svg>
The above opens in browser just fine.

Try it with xml version="1.1"

It doesn't need this extra 'xmlns="..."' stuff for gtk, qt, or efl, just that the xml version is correct. Take a look at the source in any other xml file (eg, rox pinboard, any rss feed) and you see xml version="1.0".

:)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#2184 Post by zigbert »

Got the svg knowledge - thanks

Missing some of the gtk thingy...
media-optical works fine for window-title, but inside the widgets (ie. the menu), I have to use gtk-cdrom to get the icon?
Any thoughts?
How is this in FD?

zigbert

#2185 Post by zigbert »

Got it
SFR wrote:
technosaurus wrote:--disable-deprecated
Hmm, in 2.24.24 I didn't find any option in ./configure that alludes to this.
The problem appears to be more complex and mysterious, because for most of widgets (tree, menuitem, button, etc.) the old naming still does the job...

Greetings!

zigbert

#2186 Post by zigbert »

Version 4.3.13
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: Icon in window heading in Fatdog (thanks to SFR)
- Bugfix: Correct xml/svg info for app icon (thanks to SFR)

SFR

#2187 Post by SFR »

Thanks! :)

Yeah, in all widgets, except <window>, old naming (and only old naming) works ok.

It's kinda confusing and I don't like it, but I still can't tell is this a bug in GTK or the way GTK was compiled, or in something GTK related, or Fatdog itself, or was it intentional change (hopefully not!).

Greetings!

B.K. Johnson

Does pBurn do "volume leveling" when burning audio cd

#2188 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Zigbert

EDIT
WITHDRAWN FOR LACK OF DEVELOPER INTEREST/RESPONSE

B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.2 PAE, slacko-5.7, frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM
Last edited by B.K. Johnson on Tue 12 May 2015, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

mikeslr

pburn tahrpup and missing ffmpeg

#2189 Post by mikeslr »

Hi all,

B.K. Johnson opened a thread with:
"@666Philb
I want to make an audio cd from some mp3 files.
pBurn-3.7.18 (version OOTB) requires ffmpeg but what am I to choose from tje PPM? Or should I update to latest pBun-4.3.13?"

Flash advised him to post his inquiry to this thread and locked the aforementioned thread.

I noticed that among the Pups B.K. Johnson was running was Tahrpup.

On the assumption that he will post here, or that others may run into similar difficulty, and that it may relate to attempting to use pBurn, any version, under Tahrpup, the information on the following link may be at the root of the problem, and provide a solution: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... b93#795377

mikesLr

B.K. Johnson

#2190 Post by B.K. Johnson »

@mikeslr
Thanks for forwarding my query about my inability to burn an audio cd because of missing ffmprg.

Your assumption that I am running tahrpup-6.0.2 is correct.

I will respond from now on in this thread. I do believe however that it is a tahrpup issue as ...OOTB and pburn not an installed pet.

Looking back in this thread, backi reports on missing ffmpeg in tahrpup-6.02 preventing burn of Videos to DVD with Pburn .
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 537#826537
and ffestus made a recommendation here.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 541#826541
When I thought the Firefox Add-on, DownloadHelper, needed ffmpeg, I installed that ffmpeg but it didn't work. I went no further when 666philb (or peebee) correctly posted that it wasn't necessary as aconv worked with the add-on. The add-on may have rejected the suggested ffmpeg because the author's name was included in the name. I am reluctant to try it again without first backing up my pupsave, although backi reported success with it.

I agree with backi's comment:
But should be implemented in the iso....
This one slipped by 666philb :( and it's back to bite him again :) .

B.K. Johnson

#2191 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Hi All

While waiting for the tahr/ffmpeg issue to be resolved I booted up slacko-5.7. It had pburn-4.3.4 and used ffmpeg It worked but I found the process slow although the output was acceptable. Pardon me Zigbert if the latest update makes my comments below moot.

I settled on making a CD of 9 .mp3 files occupying 54MB. I got no help at all from pburn as to whether I'd be over or end up having lots of unused space. I still don't know for partview didn't display the CD details. I recall that in my other life, Windows CD making apps like Nero, Real Player and others used some algorithm to estimate the space each selection would take and interactively adjust the free space. pburn doesn't and couldn't because it assumes every burn is of the same type and simply keeps adding the amount of space the file occupies on disk. That graphic doesn't change when the user finally identifies that the mode is a Audio CD burn. Too late! pburn doesn't determine the kind of burn sufficiently early in the process. This needs a "re-think".

The interval between cuts seemed long. Maybe it is the standard but I would have loved to be able to adjust it. It also seemed to me that the volume was a shade lower than a straight compilation of mp3 tracks for computer play.

mikeslr

ffmpeg libraries are only available in theory

#2192 Post by mikeslr »

Hi again B.K. Johnson,

Both Ubuntu and debian now employ what had been the libav fork. As Slackware is sometimes said to take a more conservative approach to changes, I added "Slackware" to my google search. The most recent posts that revealed were those on this Forum. Indeed, googling "ffmpeg source" reveals that ffmpeg.org now employs the libav libraries. It may be argued that Ubuntu and debian may have misrepresented that "ffmpeg was deprecated" when they first made that statement. But as of today, I have to wonder what distro is using it?

One of the objectives Barry K had in mind when he developed woof was to ease the burden of application development for Puppy by enabling the use of other distro's binaries. Precise, Raring, Tahr, Unicorn, and Vivid are all built from Ubuntu binaries. Wheezy is built from debian binaries. Almost every Pup first published within the last two years are remasters of these; the exceptions being Fatdog64, the Carolinas, Slacko, and Barry K's newest. With those possible exceptions, current Puppies do not natively use the ffmpeg's libraries.

Ffconvert, winff --see my post at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 674#751674-- and even ffmpeg, itself, all can be configured to use libav libraries.

I leave it to the experts as to whether a current version of ffmpeg using ffmpeg rather than libav libraries can even be compiled to work with recent Pups? and what complications doing so would present when the other multimedia applications native to those Ubuntu and debian based Pups expect the libav libraries to be present.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm just an explorer. I don't compile and have only a rudimentary knowledge of scripting. But is seems to me that the only benefit to be gained would appear to be the continued utility of the zigbert's fine applications. And I repeat fine. My experience has been that zigbert's creations have often been as good or better than analogous applications while utilizing fewer resources.

But that said, I strongly hope zigbert is interested in examining his creations with the possible goal of modifying them so that they can employ libav libraries at least as alternatives.

mikesLr

SFR

#2193 Post by SFR »

Hey Zigbert

When select all items in "Add data from here..." tree using Alt+A and add them to "...burn content of the list" tree, that includes also .. and in effect parent directories gets added as well.
Have a look at the screenshot - dirs like archive, aufs, etc, home, lib and so on.

This works for me, however I don't know the code as much as you do, so I'm not sure if it's the best way:

# diff -u func_org func
--- func_org	2015-05-08 16:54:01.033224803 +0200
+++ func	2015-05-08 16:56:53.073220047 +0200
@@ -676,6 +676,7 @@
 -add)
 	#---
 	if [ "$BUTTON" != "3" ] || [ "$CHOOSER" = ".." ]; then exit; fi
+	CHOOSER="${CHOOSER#..}"
 	cut -d '|' -f 4 $WORKDIR/ls > $WORKDIR/tmp2
 	if [ ! "$CHOOSER" ] && [ "$ADD" = "$(gettext 'Add selection') [$(gettext 'right click')]" ]; then #nothing is selected
 		echo -n > $WORKDIR/tmp
# 
Btw, multiple selection would be also useful in "...burn content of the list" tree.
Or at least a button to remove all entries at once.

Thanks &
Greetings!
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(75.25 KiB) Downloaded 547 times

zigbert

#2194 Post by zigbert »

according to phoronix, ffmpeg is returning to Ubuntu (and maybe Debian)
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... px=MTg0NDY
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... px=MTYxNjA

I see no reason to extend the poor pBurn-support of libav if this information is correct.

zigbert

#2195 Post by zigbert »

SFR
I'll look at your report, but right now - no time.