pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
plinej

#256 Post by plinej »

In pcdripper I use the "cddb_query" executable (included in Puppy - at least version 4 not sure about prior) for cddb info. Maybe that can be a solution instead of having to use icedax when Barry wants to stick with cdda2wav.

zigbert

#257 Post by zigbert »

Jason
Thanks for suggestion.
It's me that troubles here. Dingo comes with icedax, so the problems with cdda2wav will only occur with Puppy 3 and earlier. cddb_query is fine, but icedax -cddb 1 puts all cd-text info into the *.inf files that cdrecord/wodim uses for burning. Simpler for me. (as long as it works, of course.)

Sigmund

BarryK
Puppy Master

#258 Post by BarryK »

Yes, just to clarify to everyone. Dingo has cdrkit since alpha4. The cdrtools names are there, such as cdda2wav but they are symlinks. I recently posted some links on my blog about the history behind this.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

zigbert

#259 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.5.2
See main post

zigbert

#260 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.6.0
See main post

disciple

#261 Post by disciple »

I've made some corrections and improvements to the English language file. Hopefully I haven't introduced any errors. The help file will follow soon :)

Bug: Occasionally something I've removed from the list of files is still there in the burn command - I can't provide any more useful information though.

Possible Feature Request: I'm not sure how the "publish information" works, but if I remember correctly, "Publish Date" is a common field for Windows burning apps. It seems useful - maybe we should add it?

Bug:There seems to be a bug where it thinks an *.iso file is not an *.iso file if its path contains spaces - at least I think that's the problem - can anyone confirm it?

Feature Request:
It would be nice when you select an iso file to burn, but get a warning to insert a disc, if pburn could remember the file, so you don't have to navigate to it again.

Possible Bug: The CD-text part seems to suggest I should put in Track data like:
Artist - Title
But it looks to me like this introduces unwanted spaces, and it should be:
Artist-Title
Attachments
english.gz
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

ttuuxxx

#262 Post by ttuuxxx »

Feature Request: Rip and Burn Store Purchased protected dvd's for backup, My daughter who is 5yrs loves changing the dvd's but she scratches them really bad to the point where I have to repurchase the same dvd. Would be nice to have backups to use and keep the originals in perfect shape :)
But to do this you would have to be able to rip a dvd9 to dvd5
kind of like what dvd9 to dvd5 for gnome
http://dvd95.sourceforge.net/?go=features
thanks as always and still Pburn is excellent, I use it all the time:)

ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

disciple

#263 Post by disciple »

Plinej's pupdvdtool or whatever it is called now might do that. Or might be a more appropriate tool for the feature to be added to.
You want to copy a DVD9 to one DVD5, or two?

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

ttuuxxx

#264 Post by ttuuxxx »

disciple wrote:Plinej's pupdvdtool or whatever it is called now might do that. Or might be a more appropriate tool for the feature to be added to.
You want to copy a DVD9 to one DVD5, or two?
One dvd , can be without menus,added features, no subtitles, Just the movie and English stereo sound, the kids don't need 6ch sound for Dora.
lol I would rather image quality over multi-ch sound any day.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

disciple

#265 Post by disciple »

English help file. I changed the pburnhlp-english file first by mistake, so hopefully it survived all the cutting and pasting. Also, I added some newlines in the bits that are exported - not sure if that will cause any problems?

I am unsure if line 95 means "Multisession settings will be off by default", or "Existing sessions will not be imported".

Does "a dynamic unbalance on the medium" = "a physically out-of-balance disc" (like a wheel that is out-of-round or heavier on one side than the other)?

---------------------------------------

Also, a more complicated feature suggestion (not sure if it's possible):
When you burn an audio cd in dao mode, unless the tracks are exactly the right length (the number of frames has to be a multiple of something), they get padded, so you hear a click between tracks. It might be possible to instead join all the *.wav files together and use a cue sheet to specify the track locations. Can wodim or whatever do that?
Attachments
help-english.html.gz
(5.3 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

disciple

#266 Post by disciple »

BUG: File-Save produces the wrong dialog. How do I tell it what name to save as? And it doesn't seem to do anything anyway :(

Also, maybe "Create *.iso image" would make more sense than "export to Iso-image".

Also, the iso export feature doesn't work as for some reason it wants a disc. This is the "burn command" it shows me, which doesn't make sense. I wouldn't have thought Wodim would be necessary?:

Code: Select all

genisoimage -iso-level 3 -D -R -J -joliet-long -V "pburn_project" -p root  -o "/tmp/Pburn.iso" -exclude-list /root/.pburn/tmp/pburn-exclude -graft-points "/my-applications/"="/root/my-applications/" "/my-documents/"="/root/my-documents/" 
wodim -multi -tao -v  dev=ATAPI:/dev/hdc driveropts=burnfree "/tmp/Pburn.iso"

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

gray

The long wait is back

#267 Post by gray »

Zigbert,

The new versions of Pburn (since version 1.5.0 I think) have gone back to giving a long wait while searching for files on the hard drive. With an 80 Gb drive (not big by todays standards) it can be 20 minutes before Pburn is ready to proceed with burning !!!

This makes it virtually unusable.

zigbert

#268 Post by zigbert »

So much input.... Because of time limit, I have to deal with this tomorrow.

Sigmund

disciple

#269 Post by disciple »

Gray - do you mean Pburn takes a long time to open, or are you talking about later on after you click the burn button?
I've found that it takes a loooong time to open in Dingo, but in old Puppies it opens straight away.
Last edited by disciple on Wed 14 May 2008, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

maddox

#270 Post by maddox »

Hi all,
Just my 2 cents worth ..
I really don't think that zigbert wanted to make a cloning prog ....(copyright protection probs)
- just a really usefull application for Puppy users (it can use the most recent media >> Blu-ray for backups).

- but the word Burn entails so many possibilities these days, that it becomes very difficult to define the limits of the original design ...

Sorry to disturb the topic

dionicio

PBurn, a great program.

#271 Post by dionicio »

Some suggestions on the by now my most used tool: pburn

1) A break - point in "copy data disc..." allowing just making a dd image.
2) If using dvd-r allowing use of cdrecord too.
3) Allowing checksum of burned isos too.

I know I can simply edit the command line to use cdrecord.

something like :
cdrecord -dao -speed=4 dev=ATA:/dev/hda "mnt/sda6/.../...iso"

I can also make an iso image by breaking into a copy process
but it would be nice if they where contemplated.

Thanks for a very useful program

zigbert

#272 Post by zigbert »

dionicio
1) A break - point in "copy data disc..." allowing just making a dd image.
I'll put it on the wish-list
2) If using dvd-r allowing use of cdrecord too.
Why?
3) Allowing checksum of burned isos too
Already on wish-list

zigbert

#273 Post by zigbert »

maddox
I really don't think that zigbert wanted to make a cloning prog ....(copyright protection probs)
What kind of trouble could we meet. I do not know anything about this, but see other makes it possible to copy encrypted DVDs.

zigbert

#274 Post by zigbert »

disciple
Thanks for your language corrections. I am really thankful for your effort.
English help file. I changed the pburnhlp-english file first by mistake, so hopefully it survived all the cutting and pasting. Also, I added some newlines in the bits that are exported - not sure if that will cause any problems?
To update info text in preferences you need to decrease version nr in rc-file $HOME/.pburn/pburnrc

line 95 means "Multisession settings will be off by default"
"a dynamic unbalance on the medium" = "a physically out-of-balance disc" (like a wheel that is out-of-round or heavier on one side than the other)
Also, a more complicated feature suggestion (not sure if it's possible):
When you burn an audio cd in dao mode, unless the tracks are exactly the right length (the number of frames has to be a multiple of something), they get padded, so you hear a click between tracks. It might be possible to instead join all the *.wav files together and use a cue sheet to specify the track locations. Can wodim or whatever do that?
Wow, I felt rather pleased with Audio production in Pburn, and then....THIS.... cdrecord can make cuesheets (if i remember right), but this is (at the moment) far beyond my knowledge.
BUG: File-Save produces the wrong dialog. How do I tell it what name to save as? And it doesn't seem to do anything anyway
I'll make a save, and correct this.
Also, maybe "Create *.iso image" would make more sense than "export to Iso-image".
I don't know, maybe Export to *.iso image
Also, the iso export feature doesn't work as for some reason it wants a disc. This is the "burn command" it shows me, which doesn't make sense.
Added to todo-list. It seems that we need a bugfix release. I will look at this in the weekend.
Possible Bug: The CD-text part seems to suggest I should put in Track data like:
Artist - Title
But it looks to me like this introduces unwanted spaces, and it should be:
Artist-Title
It should be ' - '. Spaces no problem
Feature Request: It would be nice when you select an iso file to burn, but get a warning to insert a disc, if pburn could remember the file, so you don't have to navigate to it again.
I thought it did so? I'll check.... Yes... it returns with the iso listed in the burnlist (in main window) If you now use menu, it will not open the 'open file dialog'.
Bug:There seems to be a bug where it thinks an *.iso file is not an *.iso file if its path contains spaces - at least I think that's the problem - can anyone confirm it?
You're right.
Possible Feature Request: I'm not sure how the "publish information" works, but if I remember correctly, "Publish Date" is a common field for Windows burning apps. It seems useful - maybe we should add it?
Publish date? Have you seen this in mkisofs???

disciple

#275 Post by disciple »

I don't know, maybe Export to *.iso image
This doesn't really matter at all, it just seems to me that "Create *.iso image" or "Build *.iso image" has more connotations of building something that will take a little while and actually take up space.
If you now use menu, it will not open the 'open file dialog'.
Yes, I was using the menu :)

Code: Select all

Publish date? Have you seen this in mkisofs???
Don't worry about this.
No, I've just seen it in other programs. Actually, I just checked, and it isn't in the label options, it is "volume dates" in with the file date options, so I imagine if cdrecord or mkisofs have an equivalent, it would be set to the current date by default.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER