pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
zigbert

#31 Post by zigbert »

plinej
- Do you use the latest gtkdialog package: 0.7.20?
- Does it happen both from browser and search?
- Are the links in temporary dir made?
- Did you exit previous Pburn with 'quit-button' or from jwm ('X'-button)?

melvix

Additional Software (PUPs, n' stuff)

#32 Post by melvix »

Thanks for nice program. I am using Pburn_0.1 with PuppyRus, and we plannig to translate this program in russian.
[url=http://www.puppyrus.org/]Free software for free people![/url]

plinej

#33 Post by plinej »

Yeah, I'm using gtkdialog 0.7.20 (in puppy 4 alpha 2). I'm not sure what happened but I just re-installed 0.2 and it's working just fine. Thanks for the program.

Could you also add the size of directories just like you did with the files, and maybe convert the size from kb's to mb's?

zigbert

#34 Post by zigbert »

melvix wrote:and we plannig to translate this program in russian.
When we get this stable, next big upgrade will include language support.
plinej wrote:Could you also add the size of directories just like you did with the files, and maybe convert the size from kb's to mb's?
The size calculating in 0.2 is the best I got with speed.

Code: Select all

find ....... -printf "%k kb|%f\n"
Sigmund

zigbert

#35 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.3 is uploaded. See main post

zigbert

#36 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.4 is uploaded. See main post.

melvix

#37 Post by melvix »

It's work ( I has problem with 0.2)
[url=http://www.puppyrus.org/]Free software for free people![/url]

Dingo

#38 Post by Dingo »

I have installed latest version of pburn (0.4) on Puppy 3.0.1. but... adding a file is not possible (in right pan nothing is showed) adding folders is possible, but these folders looks empties! in other words, i can add only folders but not files inside or single files outside

very strange behaviour...

Henry

#39 Post by Henry »

I observed several times the same thing as Dingo with pburn .4 in Nop 3.01. Sorry I can't describe the sequence exactly, but when it happens it's hard toget it working again, maybe a couple of reboots.

Also, I don't quite understand about the temporary storage for CD burning, where the storage is, and how to increase it.

Having a good multi-purpose burning program is extremely attractive, and I appreciate the tireless work of Zigbert (and Nathan before), but these "simple" programs often baffle me. Barry's single function iso burner is an infallible pleasure to use, but I tend to go to windows to burn with the excellent DeepBurner to avoid surprises in routine data burning. Pburn's interface is elegant, as is Deepburner's, in which one simply drags files onto it.

zigbert

#40 Post by zigbert »

Just a guess: Do you have tmp storage on a vfat partition. Trying to make a symbolic link on a vfat filesystem give me the error: Operation not permitted. Pburn uses the command 'cp -srpf file /tmp_dir'. How can I pass this?

Sigmund

Henry

#41 Post by Henry »

Zigbert,

I looked at this again and here is what I see. First, the wording is confusing. "Add selection [mouse right]" might mean "right click" or drag to right" to someone, neither of which works, and may result in the message "Busy, please wait," or eventually (not sure of the sequence) to the problem described.

Look at how clear and simple the Puppy Package Manager is for this operation - just two words with right/left arrows. Why could we not be consistent with that? Also, I guess we don't need "Add all."

zigbert

#42 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.5 is uploaded. See main post.

Henry and Dingo. Please test this one, and give feedback. We must try to track this bug. I still wonder. Do your Pburn interfere with any fat/msdos filesystems.
I looked at this again and here is what I see. First, the wording is confusing. "Add selection [mouse right]" might mean "right click" or drag to right" to someone, neither of which works, and may result in the message "Busy, please wait," or eventually (not sure of the sequence) to the problem described.
Yeah 'right click' is better than 'mouse right', - thanks. Please check if Pburn makes links in /TEMPORARY_STOTAGE/burn/ when 'right click'. Is it the same when using search function? What about 'add all'?
Look at how clear and simple the Puppy Package Manager is for this operation - just two words with right/left arrows. Why could we not be consistent with that?
Petget uses Xdialog for gui, which is VERY limited. No...that is not the right way to build a burner app!!!
Also, I guess we don't need "Add all."
I guess we do not agree on everything :wink:
Also, I don't quite understand about the temporary storage for CD burning, where the storage is, and how to increase it.
I will try to organize this part better. Thanks for input.

Sigmund

Dingo

#43 Post by Dingo »

first of all, thanks for your efforts. I have upgraded (uninstalling previous version and deleting .pburnrc in /root/) to pburn 0.5, but the problem (the same) stills! I cannot add any file. Only directories and these, are addes, yes, but empties, without the files inside

I have also done an interesting discovery: if the temporary burning directory is setted on a vfat partition (my hard disk formatted in FAT32) I cannot add single files or directories with files inside

but leaving settings for temporary burning directory by default (/tmp/ on puppy filesystem) it works!

Yes, it works, but a lot of space is required. assuming I want burn a 700 Mb in one ot two times, I must have the same free space on puppy (frugal installation)

Since actually my pup_save file has 416 MB of size (frugal installation), is not convenient to use pburn for frugal install users

adding simlink from vfat partition to directory on pup_save file neither works

I think your program is very useful for all litte sized frugal install if it's any way to solve this problem

Henry

#44 Post by Henry »

v.5 is different in that the selection panel works and the right click selection is nice.

I normally use a 512M config file, no reason to use larger (just increases the backup size), but I changed it to 1024 to test pburn.

It cannot burn a CD or a DVD. It starts to but always stops with the message: "Not enough space in temporary storage." After that the file selection does not work right until I restart pburn.

Mine is a very clean Nop 3.01 live cd with hdd config file system. Lots of space on the (fat32) hard drive. Xfce and everything else works perfectly!
Last edited by Henry on Wed 19 Dec 2007, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#45 Post by zigbert »

* Pburn 0.5 gives you the option to burn on-the-fly. This means to burn without using any temporary storage.
* Pointing temporary storage to a vfat filesystem will not work. I will either fix this or make an errorcheck.
* It would be nice to see if Henrys error is a because of Nop 301 or something else. If you would try Barrys latest Puppy 4.00 alpha3, Pburn is builtin.

Thanks for you bug-tracking effort
Sigmund

Henry

#46 Post by Henry »

I tried burn on the fly also with same result. I'm pretty sure I was able to burn a DVD, but not a CD, before with v 0.4, but not with 0.5.
Last edited by Henry on Mon 24 Dec 2007, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#47 Post by zigbert »

I have fixed Pburn to work with a vfat temporary storage. Look out for version 0.6. Thank you guys, for pointing this out.

Dingo

#48 Post by Dingo »

zigbert wrote:I have fixed Pburn to work with a vfat temporary storage. Look out for version 0.6. Thank you guys, for pointing this out.
Thanks Zig! can you give us a download link for this release?

zigbert

#49 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.6 is uploaded. See main post.

Henry

#50 Post by Henry »

Good morning, Zigbert,

You have been busy!! The new GUI and help files are very fine.

Henry
Last edited by Henry on Mon 24 Dec 2007, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.