Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 05:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Have can I tell if I remastered my Puppy right?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
moXXXXXX

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep 2005, 00:59    Post subject:  Have can I tell if I remastered my Puppy right?  

Hi there,
I just ran the Live CD wizard and made the ISO image file - it's sitting in root.
As I understand this this file should make an CD image that recreates my current Puppy Chubby installation exactly - including which icons I have on my desktop and which I don't, which page is the home page for my browser, whether or not I configured DHCP, and what partions I've got mounted and what file systems are on there, etc. Is this right? Do I understand this correctly?
If this is correct can I then take this and make another computer with it and then make a USB drive bootable with it?
Cheers,
Adrian
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep 2005, 01:09    Post subject:  

If it is an iso, and you have a CD burner and a CD-RW, wouldn't the simplest way to find out if you got it right be to burn a bootable CD and then boot it up and see what happens?
moXXXXXX

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep 2005, 01:53    Post subject: perhaps  

perhaps, that is one way. but i am at work an don't have a burner here nore a USB drive and the machine is on a network yet so I don't have that option, also, i would have to burn a CD just to see if my understanding of the proces is correct which seems a bit of a waste of earths resources. Smile
so ... are the any puppies out there that can calrify the process for me ... do I understand it correctly???
cheers,
adrian
babbs

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep 2005, 20:12    Post subject:  

I love the smell of sawdust in the morning, and I use my old CDs for target practice. Twisted Evil

I've been intending to try my own Puppy ISO creation for some time, but I haven't done it yet. One thing about the process, I know that when you launch the wizard, it asks you to put your original CD in the CD drive. I don't know why, but it does.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: