Songbird mediaplayer

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
criminalmonkey

Songbird mediaplayer

#1 Post by criminalmonkey »

if you want a great media player for your puppy just download songbird
http://getsongbird.com/
just download the tarball and extract it to any folder

Artie

#2 Post by Artie »

Better yet just use the .sfs from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 18&t=36322 works fine on my system.

Artie

Pelo

Songbird 1.9.3 PPM Lucid with last Sulus released 2015

#3 Post by Pelo »

Songbird 1.9.3 with the Sulu LTS Lucid 528 not only will play music, but your videos too
Pemasu :
"Thank you of this treasure. Songbird definitively plays internet radios with Shoutcast plugin. I tested it and then I did implement it to the base package so that it is preinstalled. Worked fine...didnt even ask would you like to install the plugin...it just was there.
Songbird complains about missing libpulse and gstreamer pulse dependencies but Puppy does not need them and it does not hurt the usage.
Shoutcast plugin was non working when I did upload my first Snow Puppy and then I removed Songbird. Now Songbird offers working Shoutcast again. That is great. No more need for Python and Streamtuner2 which by the way takes space as much
. "
Attachments
betadine.jpg
(57.04 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:57, edited 2 times in total.

polekat

#4 Post by polekat »

Really? On a seven year old thread? I'm just bummed the sfs isn't there anymore.

Pelo

Nightingale in the Puppy configuration.

#5 Post by Pelo »

our Puppy cookers are now offering Nightingale, that bird will sing only for newest Puppies. Check with Médor, our french disk-Jockey, he will be happy to provide you Nightingale in the Puppy configuration.
Beware of young versions. Many broke more than they improve. But that is not the case for Nightingale.
Instead of checking the release date on the pocket, use the applications
The same for the topics. If music lovers left the forum al long time ago, it's because developers don't mind their needs !
Our Multimedia section is active again, that proves that Puppy is not only a repair station. At the least, that our workers can solve the bugs At the bottom of the hold of the boat,while listening music :twisted: in the machinery room, while the passengers (Puppy users) dance on the deck
Mac users listen I'Tunes, They argue that Puppy's users are always repairing, no time to enjoy Rock and Roll

2012 : a Puppy music agent released songbird here

Pelo

Why these Jukebox applications ?

#6 Post by Pelo »

Why these Jukebox applications ?
Sure linked by a cable RJ45 to the wall socket, you don't need them.. and you would be foolish to listen music on your computer if you had a marvellous HiFi equipment to listen to Music at home.
Attachments
walkman.jpeg
Songbird would be an audio player for outside
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 09:02, edited 7 times in total.

gcmartin

#7 Post by gcmartin »

Pelo

Nightingale is preferable to Songbird, for newest Puppies.

#8 Post by Pelo »

"Like Songbird, Nightingale is a music manager. My interest in Nightingale was primarily because it provides access to SHOUTcast and Last.fm radio. Unlike Songbird, Nightingale is a maintained Linux application. "

Nightingale is preferable to Songbird, for newest Puppies. You are right.
Nightingale topic, click
Songbird however plays my videos, and Nightingale should do it.
For musicians used to Linux try the Medor Package provided by french section. 22MB or by GCmartin 32MB here
Attachments
rossignol.jpg
(74.11 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:28, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

These remarks are fully boring me.

#9 Post by Pelo »

PostPosted: Today, at 01:16 Post subject: Reply with quote
Really? On a seven year old thread? I'm just bummed the sfs isn't there anymore.
What is the difference between continuing a thread and creating a new one ? Yours answers will be appreciated by Pelo... These remarks are fully boring me.
However i Agree when threads contains one hundred pages, it would be fine to separate depending on the date, but the date is not always a clever choice, in fact synthesis would be the best...
The worse is when people post without searching if the subject was already evoqued. Most of our documentation is still valid however issued 2007 or around.

Pelo

For french music (voir le topic dédié)

#10 Post by Pelo »

Amis de la francophonie, un special topic Music for you ici, clic le bleu.
Attachments
1337.jpg
Slacko 5.3.2.9
(59.36 KiB) Downloaded 33 times