Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 29 Nov 2014, 05:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
USB flash drive install script needs newer syslinux version
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
BadLife

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2005, 13:31    Post subject:  USB flash drive install script needs newer syslinux version  

After looking around on the forum I found that there may be a problem with the version of syslinux that is used by default on the Install Puppy USB Card option. I had tried this and it would not work even with the use of the boot USB from floppy. I downloaded the latest version of syslinux and did a syslinux X: where X: is the mounted USB flash drive. It then worked fine. It would be nice to fix the install script to have this use the latest version of syslinux as I noticed that other's are also having this problem.
dvw86

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2005, 14:15    Post subject:  

I tend to agree. I could not get the install to USB script to work either. Even after I ran syslinux. Eventually I installed DSLinux to the USB pen drive (which worked) and then installed Puppy over the top of it.
BadLife

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2005, 22:52    Post subject:  

Shocked The USB boot thing seems a little flaky for some reason. I can get it to boot on one PC all the time. I finaly got it to boot on another but the Flash Drive had to be in a USB port when I went into the BIOS to set it to boot but it does not load X for some reason. On another PC it just ignores the USB device all the time no matter what. Of course this is probably not really a bug Wink but the boot from USB flash card seems to not be universaly supported just yet. When it works it's pretty cool thought Cool
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: