Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 16:14
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Lib, Libs, Libraries Get Them Hot !!! Data base
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 5 of 8 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Caneri

PostPosted: Fri 02 Oct 2009, 13:14    Post_subject:  

Hi capoverde,
I am locked out of the server that holds
http://puppylinux.ca/tpp/ttuuxxx/Libs and have pointed .ca to .asia.

The .asia server doesn't have the /libs directory but I should have access to the broken server soon (I hope).

I will post the link when I get the server up and running again here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=47023...sorry for the troubles.
Eric

capoverde

PostPosted: Sat 03 Oct 2009, 10:03    Post_subject:  

OK Eric, nothing urgent here but hope you can easily get it straight again. Ya know, once accustomed to something nice, it's hard to miss it!

And just a line to thank you for your considerable contribution to Puppy.
8-bit

PostPosted: Sat 03 Oct 2009, 11:35    Post_subject:  

At one time, the entire collection of library files was offered as lib.tar.gz
I downloaded it.
The compressed file is 270 megs though.
I do not know how compatible it is with different versions of Puppy, but I do have it and if my damn DSL internet connection stayed up long enough, I could upload it somewhere.
Caneri

PostPosted: Sat 03 Oct 2009, 11:42    Post_subject:  

Hi 8-bit,capoverde
That tar.gz file has all the libs as ttuuxxx zipped it for a reload awhile back.
If you can, upload it somewhere (unzipped) as it's a handy bunch of libs and my copy is corrupt now.

Thanks for the kind words,
Eric

mbridges1

PostPosted: Sun 01 Nov 2009, 14:35    Post_subject: Lib, Libs, Libraries Get Them Hot !!! Data base
Sub_title: problems viewing

I have been trying to get into the various folders created by ttuuxxx and all I get is a relisting of the original page. The folder links show in the address bar as being sub-folders of the one clicked on, but the display is always the same as http://puppylinux.asia/tpp/ttuuxxx/Libs

Is there a single repository someplace that gives all the libraries that are need for compiling CUPS? That is what I am trying to compile and why I need the libraries. Sad
Q5sys

PostPosted: Tue 03 Nov 2009, 22:39    Post_subject:  

I too am looking for some hard to find libs that are in this dbase but now are unreachable.
If anyone has that tar file of all the libs, id be happy to throw it on my seedbox and make a .torrent for everyone to grab it from. But Im stuck in installing some stuff till I am able to get hold of some libs.
jeditalian

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec 2009, 07:56    Post_subject:  

i am trying to install mangler on puppy linux (mangler.org)
i needed libgtkmm-2.4.so.1 or something like that, found it http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=41656 there.
next i need libgiomm-2.4.so.1 and if you google it you can find plenty of rpm files. i need to find that unrpm thing i read about somewhere on here. cant find it in puppy package manager.
sikpuppy

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec 2009, 08:39    Post_subject:  

If any of you are compiling you would be best served by properly compiling the dependencies instead of filling the gaps with random libraries.
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec 2009, 08:55    Post_subject:  

sikpuppy wrote:
If any of you are compiling you would be best served by properly compiling the dependencies instead of filling the gaps with random libraries.

Hi sikpuppy some people don't know how to compile, and also don't understand the how to compile static like libgtkmm is compiled in puppy to save space. The libs from this location was intended for 3 series and most have worked on 4. Which has made lots of people happy.
ttuuxxx

Béèm

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec 2009, 08:57    Post_subject:  

8-bit wrote:
At one time, the entire collection of library files was offered as lib.tar.gz
I downloaded it.
The compressed file is 270 megs though.
I do not know how compatible it is with different versions of Puppy, but I do have it and if my damn DSL internet connection stayed up long enough, I could upload it somewhere.
Do you still have that link to get it from.
I missed somehow and have a libs.tar.gz of 25MB, which isn't the one we are speaking about here.

Use peppyy's puppysearch
big_bass

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec 2009, 12:13    Post_subject:  

before you make swiss cheese out of your operating system

Quote:
sikpuppy wrote:

I agree

it would do you much better to know what packages you need to install a program correctly

---------------------------------------------------------------------
all the libs in the above thread came from slackware 12
I hope that is clear
--------------------------------------------------------------------

if you installed a package with missing libs please inform the person who made the package

blindly filing in missing libs is a linux no no

but if you want the unlimited supply of slackware libs look here http://slackfind.net/en/packages/search/?name=man

sikpuppy

PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec 2009, 02:52    Post_subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:

Hi sikpuppy some people don't know how to compile, and also don't understand the how to compile static like libgtkmm is compiled in puppy to save space. The libs from this location was intended for 3 series and most have worked on 4. Which has made lots of people happy.
ttuuxxx

I know some people can't compile, my point is that some of the people who posted here have compiled, then are using this to fill in missing libs. If they are capable of compiling (and it's not rocket science for goodness sakes) then they are kidding themselves if they just fill in missing dependencies with random libs.

They may as well just create a blank text file, call it the name of the lib and make it executable Razz

They should properly compile the missing dependencies, with th correct version numbers, if they have gone to the trouble of compiling at all.

Q5sys

PostPosted: Fri 11 Dec 2009, 18:32    Post_subject:  

Quote:

I know some people can't compile, my point is that some of the people who posted here have compiled, then are using this to fill in missing libs. If they are capable of compiling (and it's not rocket science for goodness sakes) then they are kidding themselves if they just fill in missing dependencies with random libs.

They may as well just create a blank text file, call it the name of the lib and make it executable

They should properly compile the missing dependencies, with th correct version numbers, if they have gone to the trouble of compiling at all.

My problem is that after installing some programs I get a message about a missing dependancy that the package manager doesnt know where to find it. I would happily install whatever package that lib file is in... but I dont know it. So I go to search online and usually find that other people have been searching for that lib too, and then I can grab it.
Do you know of a way to search for lib.hard.to.find.so.1 and find out what package its in so I can then grab that entire package? I have yet to figure out how to do that. So If I am missing some piece of information, please let me know. Because I find it to be a huge pain trying to track down certain libs since I have no clue what package they are apart of.

In other news, has anyone found this tar yet?
mailman1175

PostPosted: Sat 12 Dec 2009, 22:09    Post_subject:  

I'm looking for solutions here, too. It seems like some .pet packages available here lead down never-ending roads of missing dependencies. I don't know enough about Puppy or Linux in general to provide any solutions, but I understand that going through blindly installing missing dependency .pets isn't getting it done the right way.

Any help here?
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sat 12 Dec 2009, 22:11    Post_subject:  

I'm uploading the libs right now, this time they are tar.gz and that way the system links don't get broken, another user tar.gz them all like a year ago, which will save a lot of server space and makes it quick to upload 583 packages, about 30 mins worth of uploads
ttuuxxx

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 8 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum