How to connect Sony Ericson W700i mobile?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
vssornavel

How to connect Sony Ericson W700i mobile?

#1 Post by vssornavel »

i have Sony Erricsion W700i mobile and having internet subscription and i worked internet with my windows XP ...but i can't able to connect my W700i with Puppy ..i m trying mannual mounting modem driver from .inf files ..but it can't take mobile modem for dial up networking .....

help me to use it on Puppy .....

Teague

Same problem with sony ericsson k810i

#2 Post by Teague »

Hi I am having similar problem with sony ericsson k810i cell phone. Will let you know if I succeed and please if you have any luck
Teague

pug

Re: Same problem with sony ericsson k810i

#3 Post by pug »

Teague wrote:Hi I am having similar problem with sony ericsson k810i cell phone. Will let you know if I succeed and please if you have any luck
Teague
Hi Teague, have you succeed in connecting your SE k810i phone. I have the same phone and i still cant connect it to puppy. If you have then tell us how.

TQ
pug

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »

There are quite a number of Puppy users who have successfully connected to the modem in their mobile phones.
Most mobile phone modems connect to Linux with the cdc_acm kernel module (driver).
Run "lsmod" to check if the cdc_acm module is already loaded. If not, load it manually -

Code: Select all

modprobe cdc_acm
Now Pupdial should be able to configure the connection.

There's a successful report under Ubuntu with the Sony Ericsson K550i (which has the same Java-based operating system as the K810i)
http://hafizimtiaz.blogspot.com/2008/05 ... -sony.html