Puppy- Excellent Distro

Promote Puppy !
psr1

Puppy- Excellent Distro

#1 Post by psr1 »

Greetings:

I am a convert to Puppy. I have been wanting to learn Linux for over a year and have tried all kinds of distros - Knoppix, Mandriva, Mepis, DSLinux, Fedora, Xandros, Ubuntu, Libranet, you name it.....all of them had problems...usually sound (including midi) and modems. Many were just as bloated as WinXP. I wanted something fast, flexible, and understandable, easy to add packages, productive and run on older hardware and not fry the data on my hard drives. Puppy is it. To me, it makes Linux worthwhile.

Right now, I am running Puppy using VirtualPC (test version). Works like a charm in teh virual envronment. At home, runs great off the CD and I can access all my partitions. Puppy connect ot he internet via T-1 and dailup lines, perfectly. Streaming media is great (listening to www.theclassicalstation.org while typing this). So far, I hve not found anything that would make me want to try another distro. I am a very happy camper. :D

Cheers

PSR1

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

That's great!

What kind of modem do you have for dialup?
That's often a tripping point for many people, due to the
proliferation of cheap software modems.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#3 Post by Lobster »

Welcome to the kennels - make sure you attend the Puppy Party
tommorrow

http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/FoundationPuppy

woof woof
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

psr1

Modem

#4 Post by psr1 »

BarryK:

I have a BEST DATA hardware serial modem. I have also tested the new HCF drivers on another machine and it works well, too.

PSR1