Please Fix autoconnect for wlan, easier access to dev tools

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
simulant

#1 Post by simulant »

WLAN autoconnect is not working in 4.2.1 on three different laptops (all with prism2 mini-pci cards)

I must use the connect wizard and load a saved profile on every reboot.

Having links to saved wlan profiles on the mail Connect app page for 1 click connects would also be helpful. (esp for those of us who roam alot)

Easier (or better explained) access to make/compile tools would also be appreciated. Is a .pet possible? After 30 minutes of searching I still can't figure out where to get the so called "devx module".

simulant

oops

#2 Post by simulant »

sorry, previous post was meant for feedback thread

mikeb

#3 Post by mikeb »

devx source...
http://puppylinux.ca/puppyfiles/sfs_modules-4/

wlan setup 'should' save and autoconnect...but I'm not the one with an answer to that one unfortunately.

mike

QBall2U

#4 Post by QBall2U »

I have the same problem as simulant, using a prism2 mini-pci card, in my IBM Thinkpad R32.

After bootup, to access the internet, I have to click on the 'Connect' icon and go through all the rigamarol to be able to access the internet! It 'discovers' several different wireless networks (I have a BUSY neighborhood with at least 3 to 7 different wireless networks up at any given time! ;)). Yet when it 'discovers' mine, I cannot connect to it and it is just below me in the 'den'! It can see the neighbors on either of the four sides of me (and beyond?) and access any that are not encrypted but not mine!? Granted, it is a (wireless) Linksys router...does that make any difference...do I need a Linksys USB wireless adapter to connect to it? One network shows NETGEAR and I'm sure another showed as BELKIN.

Thanks,
QBall

mikeb

#5 Post by mikeb »

As for autoconnect the connection wizard has been as is going through updating all the time and is available as a pet I believe...pwireless2 or something similar...your problem may have already been fixed.

@QBall2U
I would start a fresh thread as your problem is different and may get overlooked here.

mike