CD Distributors

Promote Puppy !
raffy

CD Distributors

#1 Post by raffy »

Ready to roll...

Calling for puppies who will burn and deliver CDs to expectant owners...

And don't forget to include the PC where it will run :D

[and since this PC has no CD drive, just order the PC wherein the real Puppy lives! :D ]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Will burn multisession DVDs for food :)

#2 Post by Flash »

I'm trying out Ted Dog's multisession DVD version of 1.0.5. So far it has worked beyond my expectations. If it proves out I'd be happy to burn a few multisession DVDs for people to try. Per Megabyte of available storage, brand-name DVDs are much cheaper than no-name CDs. DVDs are more rugged than CDs, since the data layer is sandwiched in the middle of the disk rather than being on the backside, protected only by a thin layer of paint, as in a CD. Finally, DVD burners are now not much more expensive than CD burners.

rarsa

#3 Post by rarsa »

Yes, they are getting cheap. I just bought 100 DVDs for $ 14 CAD (about 11 USD).

From This thread here is something to consider
For DVD+R the max track and session count is 154, for DVD-R more than 169. However depending on the track size the same situation could happen as described above.
Sometimes these track numbers can not be reached because of a drive/media incompatibility/issues. From our experience more than 100 sessions on DVD recordable is very unusual and thus some drives might have problems, depending on the media brand.
I'm sure that for most people the DVD will be out of tracks before it gets out of space.

jcagle

#4 Post by jcagle »

dang...I hope i get a DVD burner with my new computer that I hope to get for Christmas...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

rarsa wrote:Yes, they are getting cheap. I just bought 100 DVDs for $ 14 CAD (about 11 USD).
Where?
From This thread here is something to consider
For DVD+R the max track and session count is 154, for DVD-R more than 169. However depending on the track size the same situation could happen as described above.
Sometimes these track numbers can not be reached because of a drive/media incompatibility/issues. From our experience more than 100 sessions on DVD recordable is very unusual and thus some drives might have problems, depending on the media brand.
I'm sure that for most people the DVD will be out of tracks before it gets out of space.
Yes, and you can further conserve by removing the disk before shutting down the computer, if you have nothing to save.

Ted Dog

Using DVD-RW forget the limits

#6 Post by Ted Dog »

I have two DVD disks one mini DVD-R and a DVD+RW it is easy to reuse a DVD+RW by just retyping the growisofs -Z ...bla bla bla command. Poof a new version ( and its fast again due to less directory checking ) So I keep a clean DVD-R version just the way I like it and a reusable version for bleeding edge tinkering. If I boot up in DVD-R version and shutdown with the bleeding edge version those setting are moved to the bleeding edge.

:lol: