Create ISO from ROX file menu

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
TheAsterisk!

Create ISO from ROX file menu

#1 Post by TheAsterisk! »

I've made a little (751 bytes) PET that adds an option to ROX's right-click menu to create an ISO from a directory. It makes use of a very slightly modified version of a script Aragon made called dir2iso (relevant original thread here) which utilizes mkisofs, so I've named the modified script dir-to-iso to try and avoid too much confusion. If that needs to or should be changed, just say so and I'll do it- or of course anyone else can change it on their own if they don't want to wait for me.

I also added another option to ROX's menu to launch burniso2cd if an ISO image is selected.

The goal here was to ease some of my parents' troubles in burning data to discs (they're accustomed to seeing burning options in the file manager), and I figured as long as it works (it seems to) and was packaged I'd post it up here, too.

I've switched file hosts (the original seemed to be causing trouble). The links point directly to the file now- no timed wait, no CAPTCHA. It should be much more direct now.
makeiso-roxmenu.pet
md5sum.txt

If anyone finds it useful, nice, and if not, oh, well.

(Multimedia didn't seem like quite the right section for this, but Puppy does list CD burners under Multimedia in the main menu, so...)
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 13:57, edited 6 times in total.

reckrhodes

#2 Post by reckrhodes »

I want to try this pet but the download link wont let me. Anybody has a copy of this pet. Please. Thanks.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

That download site sucks. Please just post the file here in the forum. How big is it?

Sit Heel Speak

#4 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

Yeah, it makes you jump through the hoop of typing-in those silly Captcha words, then you must wait 30 seconds, then it tells you "Your Download Link Is Now Available" but in fact if you click the Download link all you get is an advertising popup. No joy.

Please try uploading to myfreefilehosting.com. Fewer hoops. Thanks.

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

After a couple of headaches and so forth, I managed to get the file. It's fairly small, so I'm attaching it to this post.
(Edit: well, hopefully it's okay. I didn't want to repeat the process just for the md5 checksum file. :P)
Attachments
makeiso-roxmenu.pet
(751 Bytes) Downloaded 665 times
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

TheAsterisk!

#6 Post by TheAsterisk! »

I didn't think the file host was crap, but if you guys don't like it I can move my stuff elsewhere. I'll try myfreefilehosting as recommended. Sorry if it caused trouble.

Makoto's download was good, too, The checksums match.

Again, sorry if I made a mess.

I have found a much better host. Hotlinking straight to the files works, so I'll update my first post.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 22:11, edited 9 times in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Thanks! :)