graveman bug?

Please post any bugs you have found
Walt H

graveman bug?

#1 Post by Walt H »

I am trying to burn a data CD in graveman and at around the 57% mark I get the following error: "Not enough free disk space to create iso image!"

The thing is, the files I am trying to burn to disk total around 635 MB and I'm trying to put them on a brand new700 MB disk. Surely, that should be enough disk.

Also, does anyone know why graveman seems to think I'm trying to burn an iso when I actually click on data CD? Thanks.
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

Yogi

#2 Post by Yogi »

I dunno either. Since I like to use CD-RWs alot with respect to trying out various distros I've not had any luck burning them with either Graveman or Burniso2cd. I was able to erase a CD-RW with Graveman but could not burn an iso with it. I was able to burn an iso with Burniso2cd but it would only do it to a CD-R. Until I can resolve this looks like I'm stuck with Windows and Nero.

andrew_in_uk

#3 Post by andrew_in_uk »

Hello;

tentatively, I think that what happens when you burn data to a cd is actually a 2 stage process:-

1) an iso file is made (using mkisofs), which goes into a temporary directory

2) the cd is burned from the iso file (using cdrecord);

I think the reason you are getting this error message is that it does not have enough space in the temp directory to make the iso file. This might be the case if it's trying to use a temp directory in RAM for a 600MB+ file.

Is it posssible to configure graveman to use a directory on your HD? (You may need to delete this iso file after you have burned your cd).

the cd burner I have preferred (because it reliably burns multisession discs) is xcdroast. Yes, it is slightly tricky, but I can see what it is doing (hence the theory above);

hope this helps,

Andrew

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

Yes, look at "File -> Preferences..."
and change the temporary directory to a (mounted) partition with lots of room.
I think it defaults to /tmp which is in the ramdisk.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Does it work the same way for burning a data DVD? I just burned a full DVD with TkDVD -- by the way, I couldn't find a way to burn a DVD with Graveman.

#6 Post by Guest »

Flash wrote:Does it work the same way for burning a data DVD? I just burned a full DVD with TkDVD -- by the way, I couldn't find a way to burn a DVD with Graveman.
Puppy 1.0.6 will have Graveman 0.3.8, which uses the DVD+RW Tools package, specifically "growisofs" and "dvd+rw-format" -- Puppy already
has the former, I plan to also put in the latter.