Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 01:36
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
MD5 for puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso ?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
jt

PostPosted: Sun 22 May 2005, 03:32    Post_subject:  MD5 for puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso ?  

Dear Mr. Murga sir,

As I eagerly await my behindhanded dialup download of your most recent and doubtlessly fine puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso, would you kindly provide your increasingly loyal fans with an MD5 sum for this little rascal? I don't know what I would do without it -- an accompanying MD5 sum, that is, being a great fan of Opera and an even greater fan of your judicious tweaking of Mr. Barry's unquestionably pace-setting Puppy. By the by, have you noticed the unfolding statistics for Puppy downloads on Distrowatch.com? http://distrowatch.com/ Simply amazing, don't you think? Here is this cute little puppy dishing all those great big long-established Linux distributions with a mere wag of its tiny, functional, and immensely user-friendly tail. Why, if I didn't know better, I would have to say that this is what Linux is -- or ought to be all about. And, as I write this missive, I cannot help but note that Puppy is currently registering a rank of 22 out of the 100 listed Linux distributions on the one-month download stats. Now that is some kind of success for a come-from-nowhere tiny little distro, don't you think?

Your loyal fan and ardent Puppy lover,

J.T.

P.S.: Cute though the current Puppy logo is, perhaps Mr. Barry could pluck one of the real Puppy’s photos from the many that must exist and incorporate this even cuter image into a new, soon-to-be even more famous Puppy Linux logo.
JohnMurga
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 22 May 2005, 04:08    Post_subject:  

Hey

Quote:
As I eagerly await my behindhanded dialup download of your most recent and doubtlessly fine puppy-1.0.2-opera-custom.iso, would you kindly provide your increasingly loyal fans with an MD5 sum for this little rascal? I don't know what I would do without it -- an accompanying MD5 sum, that is

Wow ... All the more impressive is the fact that you posted this before I had finished uploading all the files ... Which included an unpdated MD5 sum.

I am touched Wink

I hope you'll enjoy the new version.

Details here :

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=265

Was going to wait until 1.0.3, but here you go ...

Cheers
JohnM
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum