Neo-Penguin

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Neo-Penguin

#1 Post by Lobster »

I am a new breed of penguin. A Linux user with a history. A history with Windows. We neo-penguins are unimpressed with geek, leet speak. Our attitude is, 'it's an operating system, get over it'.

So why has this mutant X-Man type Penguin user evolved?

Primarily because we were thwarted. Our own operating system was dying. We could barely install Windows in less than 2 hours. Windows ran more on whim than reliability. 'Our' over paid for operating system contacted MS and told Redmond our pets maiden name. :?

Every piece of malware ever written was being created or ported to the XP and Vestige Vista un-operating system.

We evolve because the alternative is extinction.

So I guess we are the neo Linux desktop user. The user who thinks software is something already written and working.

What about the vesta vista?
http://tmxxine.com/wik/wikka.php?wakka=BetterVista
Frankly I no longer care. Do you?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

Hi Lobster
Every piece of malware ever written was being created or ported to the XP and Vestige Vista un-operating system
and still being churned out to hit W98 & 2K, which micro$oft conveniently dropped
I still say 2K was the 'better' of the doze OSs if such a term could be used

I think of myself therefore not as a neo penguin, more a phoenix dodo,

since I am alive where once I was dead [now all I've got to do is get the blo*dy rock away from the entrance, - oh no, wrong dreamscape]
Frankly I no longer care. Do you?
Well, actually, yes

In more ways than just feeling sad for those who cannot yet see 'the beyond', I also feel sad for all those people who believe that buying the latest OS is going to be an improvement

We've both been through the improvement palava
It didn't of course, it just got bigger, slower, but had more 'eye candy' and people allowed themselves to believe that to be important
so, "do it for me, & make it pretty" is what people now expect from OSs, regardless of what else deviant designers seek to procure, in terms of advantage from them

I tend to see the sort of things puppians expect is functionality, and adaptability, with style drawing up third,
but overall, just that "je ne sais quoi" that's missing

Ah, now then Lob, can you do me a bit of code to do a BSOD? :lol:

Aitch