Do you still use Windows sometimes? And why?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Tote

#226 Post by Tote »

musher0 wrote:Hi, Tote.

Very convincing. Exactly how I feel. :)

You didn't mention that Windows is so much of a slowpoke : 2 min 45 sec. to boot into Windows, whereas to boot into Puppy it's 30 seconds or so.

I think that your testimony above should be on the first page of puppylinux.org and puppylinux.com, at the very top.

Have a great day! :)

musher0
:D Yeah, I also didn't mention Internet Explorer and sitting watching that little blue gizmo spinning endlessly round and round waiting for it to load a page. All the while mentally comparing it with how fast puppy is. No comparison.

mikeslr

Tax Software, Movie Maker and Cut Assistant

#227 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

While I could do my taxes online and email the forms, a slight case of paranoia compels me to do them off-line and use the Postal Service. AfAIK there is no tax software that runs under any version of Linux.
For a quick movie production nothing beats XP's Movie Maker. It's ability to split scenes on-the-fly with just one click, re-arranging the parts you want and discarding what you don't is much faster than having to set the beginning and ends of scenes to be split. But even better is Cut Assistant which works with VirtualDub. VirtualDub will run under Wine, but Cut Assistant won't. Cut Assistant enables you to scroll thru your entire movie, slow down to as little as frame by frame at critical points, mark each part to be included (or excluded) and produce an output movie in one run. Not fancy, artistic video, just plain, uncluttered reportage.

mikesLr