Basic replacement for Pupeee?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
halibut812

Basic replacement for Pupeee?

#1 Post by halibut812 »

What would you recommend as a replacement for Pupeee Linux? It was perfect and completely sufficient for my needs and my Acer Aspire One netbook with Atom.

All I need are: browser, antivirus, Notecase, spreadsheet and calculator; as small and simple as possible. I had read good things about luci001 (Three Headed Dog related), but couldn't find download and instructions.

Appreciate your help.

Dewbie

#2 Post by Dewbie »

This doesn't have everything on your wish list, but it might be worth a look: http://www.browserlinux.com/mijnpup/index.html

nooby

#3 Post by nooby »

I would suggest Snow Puppy or one of the other puppies made by pemasu who is member of this forum.

He has used same drivers and other things unique from Puppeee that is lacking from Lupu 525 so I trust it would work best for you Asus or other Netbook.

Mijn pup is a good one but did it use the drivers and KILLRF that Puppeee has? Maybe it does, was a long time I looked at it.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

halibut812

#4 Post by halibut812 »

Thank you, but both Mijn and Snow Puppy include office (word processor) packages instead of free-form text database for sorting notes. Have to look further...

Update: My mistake, sorry. Snow Puppy has it. Hurray!