Tinfoil Puppy

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
disciple

#31 Post by disciple »

If they're really out to get you, it's actually ridiculously easy to tap your cell phone calls anyway :(
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

KF6SNJ

#32 Post by KF6SNJ »

phone and internet are digital devices and while I am aware of how easy it is to track them, I don't think anything I say on them are of any real importance.

Incidentally, I am not a former seal. I couldn't pass the screening.

Incidentally, I have actually tested Tin Foil Hat Linux. For practical purposes, not very useful. PocketLinux was more useful. Besides, how secure do we honestly need our systems?

disciple

#33 Post by disciple »

I know a former seal, but he's now rather anti-american...
He claims he didn't like breaking the Geneva convention on raids behind the iron curtain :)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

cb88

#34 Post by cb88 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditor_Se ... Collection

A friend of mine used the backtrack distribution to completely obliterate the security on his fully up to date and secured Solaris installation... mind you that solaris is very secure and is a production system and it was hacked in minutes....

I don't have a problem posting that link since it is pretty common knowledge among hackers... and yes there are programs that maintain databases of know vulnerabilities of systems so no one is safe anymore not Windows not Linux, Solaris ....well not sure about BSD I'll get back to ya on it
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

KF6SNJ

#35 Post by KF6SNJ »

I did some thinking about this and then revisited the old "Tin Foil Hat" Linux site. Amazingly, it was still up and available for download. Notwithstanding, I noticed it links to several known conspiracy theorist sites. One of them offers a program called "MindGuard". It took me several hours to meet the dependencies needed to compile this, not to mention I had to compile it on PCLinuxOS because of it needed certain gcc items that don't seem to be in the usr_more.sfs file.

As you can guess, this program is for the absolute and most paranoid persons around. Now then, if somebody is so paranoid as to want to create a super secure version of puppy based upon 3.01 or 4.0, I would suggest that they consider adding this program too. In fact, I've already compiled it, so I could probably copy it into a tgz file and make it available if anyone wants it. Then if somebody wants to include it in a paranoia driven super secure puppy derivative, they could.

Personally, I agree safety and security are important, however there is a fine line between security and paranoia. We would do well not to cross that line.

cb88

#36 Post by cb88 »

you realise half that site is a joke right? i mean it is called tin foil hat linux ... they are being sarcastic
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30