Iron browser now in the pet repository!!

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Dragynn

Iron browser now in the pet repository!!

#1 Post by Dragynn »

Holy crap.

Finally getting around to running Lupu 5.1.1 through it's paces, and decided to try it on my older desktop that I had just upgraded a bit with some more memory and a dual-core processor, and went to the package manager and there was my new favorite lightning fast browser.

holy crap....I've never seen this computer run this fast in the 5 years since I first built it...amazing...f'ing brilliant. Puppy on just an old dual-core AMD and a 1.5 gigs of DDR400, with the Iron browser, is pure undiluted instant gratification.

THANK YOU!

*edit* Just ran 3829 on Peacekeeper, that's 4-core performance from a dual-core chip, the same browser on Ubuntu on this same machine ran 3272 :wink:

sweeeeeeeeeet!

RetroTechGuy

Re: Iron browser now in the pet repository!!

#2 Post by RetroTechGuy »

Dragynn wrote:Holy crap.

Finally getting around to running Lupu 5.1.1 through it's paces, and decided to try it on my older desktop that I had just upgraded a bit with some more memory and a dual-core processor, and went to the package manager and there was my new favorite lightning fast browser.

holy crap....I've never seen this computer run this fast in the 5 years since I first built it...amazing...f'ing brilliant. Puppy on just an old dual-core AMD and a 1.5 gigs of DDR400, with the Iron browser, is pure undiluted instant gratification.

THANK YOU!

*edit* Just ran 3829 on Peacekeeper, that's 4-core performance from a dual-core chip, the same browser on Ubuntu on this same machine ran 3272 :wink:

sweeeeeeeeeet!
WHICH .pet repository? (I'm curious, and currently running Puppy 4.3.1 -- is it compatible?)

It appears to be installed in Lupu, but I'm not sure that my rather aged machines will be very happy with that...

mikeart

#3 Post by mikeart »

I would be interested in this as a main browser, any one know where to get it from, i have he latest puppy, if i have missed something i apologize thanks.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/mikeart7/thduplicate_1216_raucher2.gif[/img]
The next stop ......... the Twilight Zone!