Introducing.. Myself

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Brandon

Introducing.. Myself

#1 Post by Brandon »

I've been around for a couple months, but no one really knows me. Anyways, I started work the computers in fourth grade when I did simple HTML, then in fifth grade, I learned QBASIC and worked on a DOS GUI, Shell, or whatever you want to call it. I bought a Dell laptop and tried MEPIS on it, It was easy to install but didn't seem better than Windows. A year or so passed and Windows was slowing down so I got Ubuntu and Installed it and XFCE, and It was my main OS for a few months. After a while Ubuntu messed up, and a friend who has Dial-up recommended Puppy, I got it, and decided to use it. It seemed great but very small, and certain parts weren't how I wanted them, so I remastered and thats how DCL was born. I think Puppy is the perfect base for a Linux distro because its so small and expandable!
"Develop for it? I'll piss on it." -Bill Gates on the NeXTcube

capoverde

#2 Post by capoverde »

Hi Brandon, welcome around.

Just read your self-introduction, which left me curious to know what is DCL -- it appears to be your own Linux distro, but a search with Google and in Distrowatch gave no hint. Would you care to explain?

Thanks and all the best.

davec51

The Meaning of DCL

#3 Post by davec51 »

I'm guessing that DCL stands for "Damn Cute Linux." Any other suggestions?

WhoDo

Re: The Meaning of DCL

#4 Post by WhoDo »

davec51 wrote:I'm guessing that DCL stands for "Damn Cute Linux." Any other suggestions?
Actually it's "Dead Cow Linux" and it's a remaster of Puppy. Brandon has a sense of humour! :wink:
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Mon1018

#5 Post by Mon1018 »

Hi Brandon, welcome to the forum To your success!enjoy your stay!