Posted: Mon 05 May 2008, 11:46 Post_subject:
pupeee-b4 USB install Sub_title: Fails to find pup_301-eee.sfs on boot-up from Ext3 partition on SDHS card
pupeee-b4 installed apparently successfully to Ext3 bootable partition on SDHS card using Puppy Installer. Restart from SDHS card begins OK (reads initrd.gz correctly from Ext3 partition) but then fails, message displayed:
pup_301.sfs not found (although the version of the file is actually named pup_301-eee.sfs and exists on the Ext3 partition).
remaining messages displayed:
Dropping out to initial-ramdisk console
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
System then hangs. I have checked the install live CD and the pup_301-eee.sfs file is correctly named on there as well. Can anyone help
I was pretty sure that I had only attempted an install with pupeee-b4 but to be sure I have:
- recreated the pupeee-b4 install CD
- booted from the installed Xandros system and deleted all installed pupeee-b4 files on Ext3 partition(except extlinux.sys which would not delete, even in root mode). I also checked other partitions on the SD card for stray files, there were none
- therefore I re-formatted the Ext3 partion, leaving it bootable
- booted pupeee from the CD and tailored the Country/keyboard/language parameters etc (it is a French Eeee PC).
- Run the Puppy Installer to re-create the system on the Ext3 partition
- Exited pupeee (without saving my parameters, previously I had saved these to the Ext3 partition).
- Rebooted from the Ext3 partition and received exactly the same error messages as originally reported.